Week 2 GDT: Detroit Lions @ NY Giants *MNF*

HashtagFTW

I would have liked to see the offense keep the heat on in the second half, but I will take a 14 point win and a good game rushing. Our defense and special teams once again set the tone.

I am hopeful Davis is fine as he seemed to be smiling and conversing with fans on his way to the locker room. I believe that was just precautionary as the game was about in hand at that point.

Stafford played masterful in his manipulation of the defense and with his mobility to pick up key first downs.

Overall, very pleased.

They went on the road, on prime time and beat what should be a decent team. IIRC the giants have started slow the last few years. I was worried about this game because it was prime time and away but they did solid. The defense has looked much better than anticipated thus far and is generating a lot more pressure than I thought capable. Good to see Ansah with another multi sack game.

Its hard to not get a little excited.  The team is playing smart, sound football.  They are making tackles, making catches, and doing the little things it takes to win.  I am still nervous about our depth and the ability to maintain for a whole year but it has been a great start to the season.  Sure there are plenty of things to work on but they are grinding it out and doing what is needed. 

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Its hard to not get a little excited.  The team is playing smart, sound football.  They are making tackles, making catches, and doing the little things it takes to win.  I am still nervous about our depth and the ability to maintain for a whole year but it has been a great start to the season.  Sure there are plenty of things to work on but they are grinding it out and doing what is needed. 

I have my reservations due to how badly the Cardinals and Giants have played the first 2 weeks.  I want to see how they do against the Falcons this week to see how good they really are.

Archived