Week 2 GDT: Detroit Lions @ NY Giants *MNF*

HashtagFTW

I re-watched the game and I must say, everyone knows I am not an Eric Ebron fan, but he had a really great game. He was blocking well, he was catching the ball. He made himself available for his quarterback. He didn't make any boneheaded plays. He doesn't need to be a Rob Gronkowski clone, he just needs to have more games like this where he plays with the team and doesn't hurt us, and I will admit that I might be wrong about him. I want him to prove me wrong. 

3 hours ago, detroitroar said:

I think we can run the ball better though

Atlanta faced a very poor Chicago team, that they almost lost to, and a very disheveled looking Packers team. Detroit faced a very poor Arizona team and a very disheveled looking Giants team. Their stats this season are similar so far. Matt Ryan has thrown for more yards than Stafford, but Stafford have thrown 3x the TDs. For as mediocre that we've said Abdullah has looked, he's putting up nearly identical stats to Freeman, although Freeman has the TDs. Both defenses have played well. Atlanta should be without Vi Beasley and Courtney Upshaw, Detroit could be without rookie Jarrad Davis. This should actually be a very tough game. Detroit is at home, but Atlanta has the pedigree. I think this game will tell us what kind of team Detroit will be this season. Do they step up to the competition and win? Or do they falter and return to their poor habits? 

• 1 year later...
On 9/19/2017 at 6:25 AM, theuntouchable said:

They went on the road, on prime time and beat what should be a decent team. IIRC the giants have started slow the last few years. I was worried about this game because it was prime time and away but they did solid. The defense has looked much better than anticipated thus far and is generating a lot more pressure than I thought capable. Good to see Ansah with another multi sack game.

Clear out your inbox, dammit.

Archived