Week 2 GDT: Detroit Lions @ NY Giants *MNF*

HashtagFTW

How the hell does Stafford get smacked in the face, in the pocket, and there's no penalty, while Rodgers' facemask gets grazed, as a runner, and it's a facemask and free play?  Insane.  And Marvin Jones was blatantly interfered with on the deep throw; his right arm was practically pinned to his body.  Garbage.

4 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I thought there were a few bad calls and a few missed ones, but I didn't see anything incredibly egregious. Maybe I'm just worried that complaining about the closer ones will invalidate my complaints about the really, really bad calls that are sure to come in the 2nd half. I mean, we're still winning, and we can't have that.

I think the two big ones for me were the late hit on Stafford and the bs call on Lang. I expect all the calls to go against us, we're the Lions. But those were so blatant even other teams fans are agreeing they were bad. 

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

How the hell does Stafford get smacked in the face, in the pocket, and there's no penalty, while Rodgers' facemask gets grazed, as a runner, and it's a facemask and free play?  Insane.  And Marvin Jones was blatantly interfered with on the deep throw; his right arm was practically pinned to his body.  Garbage.

Dude, well said. Rodgers gets the most blatant favoritism in the league in my opinion. 

I seriously hate him. I am taking about the kind of unspeakable hate only reserved for those that have severely wrong you or your family...

I feel his Lions history represents that.

14 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I thought there were a few bad calls and a few missed ones, but I didn't see anything incredibly egregious. Maybe I'm just worried that complaining about the closer ones will invalidate my complaints about the really, really bad calls that are sure to come in the 2nd half. I mean, we're still winning, and we can't have that.

My biggest issue is that they're calling stuff on the Lions, just ask Robinson, and not on the Giants. The Giants defender took steps after Stafford threw the ball and leveled him. That has to be called.

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Gruden showed a replay of a Giant player holding and immediately says "I don't see it", while SHOWING IT!!

I know we want to establish a run game, but damn we are predictable about it. 

Fists full of jerseys are hard to see.

Archived