Who are we cheering for on Thursday night?

sp6488

11 hours ago, drd23 said:

Yeah, but you guys mangle language so much that that could be said about a lot of things :P

You guys had british dialect, and look what you turned it into :) Don't throw rocks, if you yourself live in a house of glass

(unfortunately danes have the most likely worst accent when speaking english)

I absolutely love how the Steelers and Browns get into a brawl and we’ve somehow turned that into a hilarious diatribe on language.

I think this proves as Ravens fans that we seemingly couldn’t care less.

In terms of the saying “could care less” it’s funny but generally I find its used appropriately. When people say that “they could care less” they typically say it with enough passion so as to prove that they inherently care, while those who truly “couldn’t care less” typically inherently speak that statement with a lack of enthusiasm that would identify their true lack of caring. But that’s mainly been my experience based off of anecdotal evidence.

23 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

@Danand I don't notice Danes having off putting accents when speaking English. I've worked with plenty of them, and when I hear actors like Ulrich Thomsen or Nikolaj Coster-Waldau being interviewed they come off fine. Maybe it's just me though.

Actors receive extensive training in speaking without the accent. Danes mumbles a lot as many letters aren't pronounced when we speak, so it isn't far fetched to say, that when danes speak english it sounds like they do it with a potato in their mouths.

I think especially our use of "soft R's and D's" in pronounciation is something that distinguish the way we speak the english language compared to many other countries, and also why our "rød grød med fløde" sentence is somewhat famous to illustrate how difficult the language is, and also why we our accent or dialect when speaking english isn't very pretty.