Week 11 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

My biggest hope from this game is that we see a healthy Marquise Goodwin have a big performance. That weapon to take the top of the defense hasn't been there, but I believe in him as a player. I'm not sure whats been going on these last few weeks, really since he took the leave from the team, but we could use his production. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nayad said:

My biggest hope from this game is that we see a healthy Marquise Goodwin have a big performance. That weapon to take the top of the defense hasn't been there, but I believe in him as a player. I'm not sure whats been going on these last few weeks, really since he took the leave from the team, but we could use his production. 

He's been a mess a lot longer than that. The last time he put together back to back games of at least 50 yards OR 4 receptions was 2017.

Basically, he's had an occasional game with a big play here or there, but he's not been consistent since that one great run. But yeah, if he wants to get back to that, now would be one hell of a time. 

45 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

He's been a mess a lot longer than that. The last time he put together back to back games of at least 50 yards OR 4 receptions was 2017.

Basically, he's had an occasional game with a big play here or there, but he's not been consistent since that one great run. But yeah, if he wants to get back to that, now would be one hell of a time. 

I’ll take a consistent 3 catches for 45 yards all day from our #2 receiver lol 

I’m not going to rely on it but it’d be a huge boost to see 2017 Goodwin show up

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

We paid him too early and he lost his passion for the game. He is clearly just here for the paychecks and doesn't seem to play with the same juice  

He has been dogging his routes and plays disinterested. He has had dance competitions with the other team (OBJ) before the game. He's dropped passes 

One of those times when a guy gets paid too early

21 minutes ago, nayad said:

He's not even giving us that. He's giving us essentially negative production because of the opportunity cost associated with him being on the field. 

22 minutes ago, nayad said:

not going to rely on it but it’d be a huge boost to see 2017 Goodwin show up

Yeah I mean, would be great but don't hold your breath 

Would love to see Kyle tell Goodwin directly to his face that he is playing for his job. His cap hit is 5.125 million to keep him next year, and there is 1.250 million in dead space to cut him. So we save 3.9 million next year by cutting him and we definitely need that space. He needs to understand what is at stake. I don't think there is another team that will pay him 5 million for his services at this point 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Would love to see Kyle tell Goodwin directly to his face that he is playing for his job. His cap hit is 5.125 million to keep him next year, and there is 1.250 million in dead space to cut him. So we save 3.9 million next year by cutting him and we definitely need that space. He needs to understand what is at stake. I don't think there is another team that will pay him 5 million for his services at this point 

Would love for Shanny to say that to about 3 of our receivers....

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Ataal said:

If Sanders and Kittle are out for this game, too, I don't have any confidence in our offense.  Hoping for a win, but wouldn't be surprised all that much if we lose a close one.  

Man, one of our receivers need to step it up. Every other team has no names step up but ours. Deebo did his thing this past game, he needs to keep it up. I like Deebo so far but we cannot rely on a rookie to step up. Goodwin sucks, Pettis is a let down, James and Bourne are good 3 or 4 guys hopefully one of them steps up for the challenge.

32 minutes ago, N4L said:

We paid him too early and he lost his passion for the game. He is clearly just here for the paychecks and doesn't seem to play with the same juice  

He has been dogging his routes and plays disinterested. He has had dance competitions with the other team (OBJ) before the game. He's dropped passes 

One of those times when a guy gets paid too early

He's not even giving us that. He's giving us essentially negative production because of the opportunity cost associated with him being on the field. 

Yeah I mean, would be great but don't hold your breath 

Complete conjecture. We have no idea if he has lost his passion for the game. This is one of the worst takes I have ever read. You have a perception that he plays disinterested based upon what? Your opinion that he "doesn't seem to play with the same juice"? Show me the route dogging on tape. I would love to see it.

If you think that these guys don't know what is "at stake" you are crazy. This is their livelihood, it is what they do nearly every hour  of every day. They do it at a ridiculously elite level even if they are at the bottom of the league.

We have no idea what caused him to take a leave. Things weigh on people and can wreak havoc in their personal and professional life. No doubt about it, he has not been good, but neither you or I have an idea what he is dealing with and there is no visible evidence that any of us have to confirm a lack of passion or lack of effort.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Complete conjecture. We have no idea if he has lost his passion for the game. This is one of the worst takes I have ever read. You have a perception that he plays disinterested based upon what? Your opinion that he "doesn't seem to play with the same juice"? Show me the route dogging on tape. I would love to see it.

If you think that these guys don't know what is "at stake" you are crazy. This is their livelihood, it is what they do nearly every hour  of every day. They do it at a ridiculously elite level even if they are at the bottom of the league.

We have no idea what caused him to take a leave. Things weigh on people and can wreak havoc in their personal and professional life. No doubt about it, he has not been good, but neither you or I have an idea what he is dealing with and there is no visible evidence that any of us have to confirm a lack of passion or lack of effort.

Agreed. Not really a fan of calling out a guy's commitment or passion for the game. I think you have to have an elite level of commitment and passion to even make the NFL for a year, yet along be a viable player for a number of years. Like I posted in another thread we can all see his play has dropped. No denying that ever since he signed his extension, he hasn't brought forth that same level of play as before. Its like he's lost that swag he had when he was trying to prove to the rest of the league that he was good player. But I don't want assume he's half-assing it or just content with the status quo. You never know what a individual is going through behind closed doors..

2 hours ago, N4L said:

He's giving us essentially negative production because of the opportunity cost associated with him being on the field

He’s really not even playing much though. last week he played 14% of the snaps. I’m done with Pettis this year. 

there is a recent name that has become available. Depending on the reason why, I could be down to sign him. 

55 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Agreed. Not really a fan of calling out a guy's commitment or passion for the game. I think you have to have an elite level of commitment and passion to even make the NFL for a year, yet along be a viable player for a number of years. Like I posted in another thread we can all see his play has dropped. No denying that ever since he signed his extension, he hasn't brought forth that same level of play as before. Its like he's lost that swag he had when he was trying to prove to the rest of the league that he was good player. But I don't want assume he's half-assing it or just content with the status quo. You never know what a individual is going through behind closed doors..

Yeah man. I don't pretend to know what it takes to be at that level. I have never made it to those elite levels of sport. However, I do know what it is like to do it at a High School level and I know what our expectations for the kids we coach are at 16 and 16 u levels. Those expectations and dedication requirements are too much for most adults to handle. These guys are the 1% of the 1%. Just super bush to question a guy's commitment to his craft without reason. Guys have bad years, guys fall off, guys literally just lose their ability on a year to year basis. To show up every day and sit through meetings, go through a walk through, rehab, film study, practice, flights and then game day takes an insane commitment. Just flat out ridiculous

2 hours ago, nayad said:

I’m not going to rely on it but it’d be a huge boost to see 2017 Goodwin show up

Yeah, so would I. Which is why we can't do anything about Bourne right now because he's the number 2 giving us those numbers. 

Goodwin hasn't had a reception since the Rams game, and he's only been inactive in two games since. 

2 hours ago, nayad said:

He’s really not even playing much though. last week he played 14% of the snaps. I’m done with Pettis this year. 

there is a recent name that has become available. Depending on the reason why, I could be down to sign him. 

Callaway is a head case and was just suspended 10 games for substance abuse. Not the kind of guy I want to disrupt the good locker room that we have...no thanks.

• Like 3

There's no guy on the street or on the waiver wire, better than what we currently have@WR. Its not a lack of talent, its a lack of consistency. Unfortunately we have 2-3 WRs with the same problem. You just have to hope Shanny and the coaches are on these guys 24/7 about the simple fundementals of pass-catching. Gathering themselves, looking the ball into their hands and securing the catch before you turn up field. I understand some of the catches have been tough grabs and Jimmy's passes have a tendency to float high. But as professionals these guys just have to step up to the challenge and earn their keep from this point forward. If not,  we're just not going to reach our potential as a team, or more importantly a passing offense, this year.