Week 11 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

15 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I was looking at our Offense and Defense in terms of yards and points. WE are 2nd in points scored and 5th in yards. We are 2nd in points allowed and 2nd in yards allowed. I don't think we've done this since the 90s?

And what's also crazy is as bad as our run game has looked the past 5 weeks, we're still the #2 rushing offense in the entire league. Our yards per carry has taken a dip but we're still a very respectable 4.3

• Like 3

I know everyone here likes mostert and Coleman has been a solid player, but let's not forget that our best running back did not play for most of the last two games. He is a difference maker in our scheme because he attacks the edges better than anyone else. 

Get healthy, Matt breida 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Adding the PI is fine. The dropped passes happen literally every week, good luck playing that game. In that case, we would have had over 400 yards against Seattle....and that didn't happen because our receivers dropped the ball. 

Murray played "clean" because he mainly threw short passes. That is their scheme for the most part, just a bunch of screen passes or quick throws. His YPA was terrible, and overall the Cards averaged 4.3 per play, which you will take every day of the week. 

I'm not playing any game, i'm just saying Murray played well against us despite what the stats say. 

I for one am just glad we don't have to see him for the rest of the year. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Barely. When Murray starts to understand the nuances of the NFL and gets more comfortable in his offense, he's going to put up big numbers. 

- or he will suffer an injury, +/or become distracted by the NFL fame, +/or the pro pass rush pressure of QB evolution will suffocate him back to a lesser QB. 

- or he will indeed be a thorn in the opponents' side  for many years. 

We just have no idea. What we do know ( and by we I mean me ), is that I'm so sick to death of crowning the brave, baby QBs right out of the gate.. just to later realize how underwhelming they soon after become. They all come out with great hunger and something to prove. They don't all maintain and handle things as time passes.

So the advise I have for myself is.. stop worrying about what happens later down the road. Just enjoy the now. See how things just go a bit. 

9 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm not playing any game, i'm just saying Murray played well against us despite what the stats say. 

I for one am just glad we don't have to see him for the rest of the year. 

I never said he played bad or anything. But just put everything into proper perspective. His numbers and the Cardinals offensive numbers were what they were. Played very well early on, and then got stifled the rest of the game until the possession they scored a TD. 

• Like 1