Week 11 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Kittle officially ruled out. 

roto now states that 

Shanahan informed the media that Kittle would be out for Week 11, but he clarified his statement afterward. It's still unlikely that Kittle plays this weekend since he didn't practice on Wednesday, but the door remains somewhat open

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

That's kind of concerning to have that happen already given that he wasn't officially ruled out last week until really the last minute. 

I'm telling you guys, he has a sprained MCL and will be out for at least a month 

I am not hearing that anywhere, just basing this off of what I know about knees and the fact his was hyperextended when he took that helmet to it. 

I think they just didn't want Seattle to know he was going to be out until late in the week, but they knew after the MRI that he wasn't playing for a few weeks, which is why they already ruled him out this week. 

Last week I said it was fine because we had other guys who could run block and other guys who catch passes. Well, now our other run blockers aren't playing well and Sanders is hurt which basically just leaves us with with only Deebo ... So, not good 

8 hours ago, N4L said:

I'm telling you guys, he has a sprained MCL and will be out for at least a month 

I am not hearing that anywhere, just basing this off of what I know about knees and the fact his was hyperextended when he took that helmet to it. 

I think they just didn't want Seattle to know he was going to be out until late in the week, but they knew after the MRI that he wasn't playing for a few weeks, which is why they already ruled him out this week. 

Last week I said it was fine because we had other guys who could run block and other guys who catch passes. Well, now our other run blockers aren't playing well and Sanders is hurt which basically just leaves us with with only Deebo ... So, not good 

Yea the hit he took definitely look like it was worst than what was reported. I was really surprised he came back in the game. It looked eerily similar to the hit that took Juice out. 

But I have no problem letting him come back healthy for the last few games of the season. Garrett is no Kittle but his presence back on the field should help Dwelley and I think Shanny will utilize Juice more in a H-Back role. We definitely missed Kittle in certain tactical moments but I think overall Shanny didn't call a great game schematically and we were right there in the end. He'll adjust and I think we'll be fine. 

Not sure if it has been posted yet:

Really loved what E-Man provided and was thankful for his efforts but this is the right move here. Can't be setting a prescedent where a guy who was playing lights out loses his job due to injury. Even Sherman alluded to this saying he doesn't believe in a player losing his spot to injury. 

Anyways, would still like to see E-Man get some snaps and Saleh to implement to dime looks more, especially against the Cardinals who go three or four WRs often. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Really loved what E-Man provided and was thankful for his efforts but this is the right move here. Can't be setting a prescedent where a guy who was playing lights out loses his job due to injury. Even Sherman alluded to this saying he doesn't believe in a player losing his spot to injury. 

Anyways, would still like to see E-Man get some snaps and Saleh to implement to dime looks more, especially against the Cardinals who go three or four WRs often. 

Alex Smith says "Hi"...... >:( :( :S

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Moseley will be starting opposite 'Spoon, sooner rather than later for this team. I have no issues with this. Just makes our CB room that much deeper. Hopefully 'Spoon doesn't display as much rust as our tackles did and picks up where he left off.

29 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Moseley will be starting opposite 'Spoon, sooner rather than later for this team. I have no issues with this. Just makes our CB room that much deeper. Hopefully 'Spoon doesn't display as much rust as our tackles did and picks up where he left off.

Yeah, that is actually a legitimate worry. But you know, if he does then so be it. As long as he gets right for when we face the Packers/Ravens/Saints. 

He was just playing at such a high level it's a shame he got hurt. He was CLEARLY on another level than Sherman early on but now who knows how he will be early on after missing damn near two months. All this All Pro love that Sherman is getting, and rightfully so, I'm guessing Spoon would have been getting if he didn't get hurt. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm more or less just hoping that we do some rotating. Also, it's really nice to have a quality dime package at the very least. 

• Like 1

I think the Cards will give them some fits again. The key is detaining Murray as he seems to be improving quickly. The offensive game I would assume would be revolved around running the ball right? I mean Coleman and Mostert should be key here. 

I can see a 28-14 type game with the 49ers winning. Man just hope they start getting people back soon with the really tough part of the schedule coming up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 49ers2015 said:

I think the Cards will give them some fits again. The key is detaining Murray as he seems to be improving quickly. The offensive game I would assume would be revolved around running the ball right? I mean Coleman and Mostert should be key here. 

I don't know. We have not run the football well the last 5 weeks or so with the exception of the Carolina game, and that includes the previous game against Arizona.  27 times for 101 yards between Breida / Coleman. We struggled to run against the Rams, Washington, Seattle and the Cards. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know. We have not run the football well the last 5 weeks or so with the exception of the Carolina game, and that includes the previous game against Arizona.  27 times for 101 yards between Breida / Coleman. We struggled to run against the Rams, Washington, Seattle and the Cards. 

Sigh then that leaves it to passing with not have much to throw it to. I mean I don't see many vertical or over the top passing plays called so that would equate to the opposing D having an advantage no?

59 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's just a by product of the gameplan. Teams just understand stacking the box w/8 defenders and taking away the run game, puting the game in the hands of Jimmy and our WRs is the easiest path to victory. I mean if I were a DC, that's excatly how I would play us. So its up Shanny and the offense to expect as much, adjust, execute and exploit this line of thinking. We should expect by now, every defense we face, to come with the goal of stopping the run, first and foremost.

• Like 3