Will Cincinnati go 0-16?

Elky

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Deflection=You are right

I was born before 1994.

A few heartbreaking losses 30+ years ago does not override your franchise's clear pattern of ineptitude for the past 20 when it comes to what dictates peoples' notions of "The Most Browns Thing Ever".

You're known as a franchise who never gets close, not as one who always comes up just a few plays short. Maybe you were in the 80s. We've had 20 years of Browns football since then to change that narrative.

Get over it.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

hqdefault.jpg

Red Right 88

giphy.gif

The Drive

esoa1e5p48aise4r9szc

The Fumble

That's not heartbreak at all. Getting to the brink and then having your heart ripped out is much worse. Someone who has never followed the city of Cleveland, the Browns overall historical arc, and was probably born after 1994 would only say this.

If they go 3-13 to 6-10 that's not a heartbreak. That's typical Browns. The most "Cleveland/Browns thing ever" is a saying for those of us that expect our teams to lose in the most gut wrenching fashion ever, but I wouldn't expect an outsider to understand, especially one that's such a blatant troll.

I mean that was the old browns team.  The new browns team has no such reputation of coming close and falling short time after time, they have a reputation of just being flat out terrible.  So I can’t blame anyone who’s never personally witnessed anything but terrible Browns teams for wanting to see something more from the franchise before declaring this version of the Browns to be “snake bitten” rather than “garbage”

If you want to talk about a franchise that’s competitive consistently and yet continually falls short come postseason time, try being a Vikings fan.  We have the 8th best regular season record of all time and yet we’re 0-4 in Super Bowls but that doesn’t even matter when we haven’t been to a Super Bowl since 76.  Every time we go to the NFC Championship Game, we either lose in dramatic fashion or get blown out.  There’s no in between.  Not saying the Browns arent snakebit in general given their overall history from the early 80s on, but for the past 2+ decades it’s resembled a terrible team and not a snakebit one.  Otherwise if you change your definition of snakebit too much, it could open the door to someone trying to claim that a team like the Redskins is snakebit when they’re just a god awful franchise.  I feel it’s a distinction that needs to have some weight in this discussion tbh

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

That iteration of the Browns is gone. Clearly the "new" Browns (99 and onward) have done nothing whatsoever as a franchise to get close enough to break your hearts like those old 80s teams on any conceivable consistent basis.

You can call me a troll if you want, but the facts are the facts. Don't care if they hurt your feelings - especially after all the crap you and your fellow fans talked this offseason. 

Wins by season since this inception of the Browns have been in existence:

2, 3, 7, 9, 5, 4, 6, 4, 10, 4, 5, 5, 4, 5, 4, 7, 3, 1, 0, 7, 3

So, no, getting close to the playoffs with 9 wins and losing out on that chance in the last game of the season would not be "The Most Browns Thing Ever".

Sorry bub, truth hurts.

That's rich coming from you.

3 hours ago, Elky said:

Currently the last winless team, here is the rest of their schedule:

@ Oakland

Pittsburgh

New York Jets

@ Cleveland

New England

@ Miami

Cleveland

Only ones that look winnable are NYJ and Cleveland. If it comes down to Cleveland, I think there's chance 2008 Detroit and 2017 Cleveland won't be opening their beer cans.

I see three very good possibilities for a win.  They should be able to pull out at least one win this year.

3 hours ago, Elky said:

Currently the last winless team, here is the rest of their schedule:

@ Oakland

Pittsburgh

New York Jets

@ Cleveland

New England

@ Miami

Cleveland

Only ones that look winnable are NYJ and Cleveland. If it comes down to Cleveland, I think there's chance 2008 Detroit and 2017 Cleveland won't be opening their beer cans.

I think all five of these games are winnable. I wouldn’t favor them in any, but Cleveland is the kind of squad that can be out coached and they have them twice. If Baker has a bad game in either, that’s a winnable situation. Granted Cleveland should dust them, but again... Kitchens is the coach and Cincy is an obvious trap game for all these teams.

The Raiders, I give the Bengals about a 25-30% chance of beating. It’s a trap game and there’s not going to be much tape on the rookie QB. He’s going to probably feel like he’s got the “jitters game” out of the way plus there will be much more tape on the Raiders. So there’s a chance they could take it. The Bengals team hasn’t given up on the coach. Throw in an AJ Green coming back (potentially) and the rushing attack and that’ll provide a boost.

And the Jets and Miami both are talent deficient teams, so when the talent levels are similar it’ll be about coaching. I trust the Jets coaching less than the Bengals. So I favor the Bengals at home in that game. Think AJ Green should be back and healthy there and go off to get them the win.

Edited by diamondbull424

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

hqdefault.jpg

Red Right 88

giphy.gif

The Drive

esoa1e5p48aise4r9szc

The Fumble

That's not heartbreak at all. Getting to the brink and then having your heart ripped out is much worse. Someone who has never followed the city of Cleveland, the Browns overall historical arc, and was probably born after 1994 would only say this.

If they go 3-13 to 6-10 that's not a heartbreak. That's typical Browns. The most "Cleveland/Browns thing ever" is a saying for those of us that expect our teams to lose in the most gut wrenching fashion ever, but I wouldn't expect an outsider to understand, especially one that's such a blatant troll.

Sorry dude but when's the last time the browns lost in "gut wrenching fashion"? If something hasn't happened since before most of your player were born I don't think you can really call it "the most Cleveland Browns thing ever".

• Like 4