Adam Gase’s job is safe per C. Johnson

KingOfNewYork

I always felt this would be the case. Too many crumbs leading in that direction. 

If the team has an underwhelming start next year then his clock starts ticking. If they underwhelm next season (no playoffs) they’ll likely pull the plug and align a new coach with JD on a 4 year deal. 

8 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I always felt this would be the case. Too many crumbs leading in that direction. 

If the team has an underwhelming start next year then his clock starts ticking. If they underwhelm next season (no playoffs) they’ll likely pull the plug and align a new coach with JD on a 4 year deal. 

Even JD and Gase relationship is solid?  I dunno but pressure will be overwhelming, though.  

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Don’t really understand the timing of this 

lol typical Jets. God at least wait till the season is over. Now he can legit mail it in the rest of the year. 

not going to bother arguing this one way or another. if Gase stays...part of this should be that he has to fire Dowell Loggans and hire a real OC/QB coach even if Gase wants to remain the play caller at first. Dowell should be nowhere near Sam Darnold. That guy couldn’t coach a mighty mites team.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

lol typical Jets. God at least wait till the season is over. Now he can legit mail it in the rest of the year. 

not going to bother arguing this one way or another. if Gase stays...part of this should be that he has to fire Dowell Loggans and hire a real OC/QB coach even if Gase wants to remain the play caller at first. Dowell should be nowhere near Sam Darnold. That guy couldn’t coach a mighty mites team.

But Dowell holds the challenge flag

• Like 1

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Except with whose the HC lol. Listen if this is truly Douglas’ call so be it because I trust Douglas. But don’t tell us you’ll let him do his thing if you are calling shots on the HC and the HC still reports to you. That’s an issue. If not, fine, then this is a baby step. 

• Like 1