Jump to content
KingOfTheDot

Adam Gase’s job is safe per C. Johnson

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What’s your measure of success for 2020?

Is it strictly wins and losses? Let’s say we go 9-7/10-6 but just miss out on the playoffs.

Honestly I can’t say that now. Depends on the roster. We have a great offseason and big time make the OL better, add 2 good WRs and somehow get an edge and/or Cb... then yes for me this is a playoff team. If we don’t do the following above or only some of it... then my expectations lower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Honestly I can’t say that now. Depends on the roster. We have a great offseason and big time make the OL better, add 2 good WRs and somehow get an edge and/or Cb... then yes for me this is a playoff team. If we don’t do the following above or only some of it... then my expectations lower

I'll say it: Jets have no excuse to be anything less than 9 wins. Really, they should be somewhere between 10-12 and in the playoffs. 

Yes, a lot of needs need to be filled, but we have the resources to do it and that can't be an excuse for progression. We have enough pieces as we stand now to have been a 9 win team if there weren't so many catastrophic injuries/illnesses. Between a team that should be healthier (we literally broke injury records, which shouldn't be expected again), positive progression from our young players, familiarity with the offensive scheme, and assuming replacement-level players filling the spots of the player's due to leave (i.e. Robby Anderson), I think a winning record is extremely reasonable and anything less should result in Adam Gase being fired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 5:53 AM, Bobby816 said:

Honestly I can’t say that now. Depends on the roster. We have a great offseason and big time make the OL better, add 2 good WRs and somehow get an edge and/or Cb... then yes for me this is a playoff team. If we don’t do the following above or only some of it... then my expectations lower

I understand your thinking but seems to me that we have not choice put to upgrade OL, Edge, CB and WR positions.  If we don't then JD did not do his job and we all know he will.  So my expectations is 10+ wins and playoffs as base and winning the division as ceiling.  Think we can and should make a major jump this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rich51 said:

 Draft Network has named Gase as coach on the hottest seat

https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-coaching-hot-seat-2020

 

 

And it should be.

 

But we do have to keep in mind that we did win 6 of our last 8 games last season. So that will be looked at as a pro for him as that's when he was settled in and with his starting QB. SO it will have to be just an awful season for him to get fired IMO. And I just don't see us being that bad with what we have.

I think we go at least 7-9 (personally I think we go closer to 8-8 or 9-7). I think we will have to 6-10 or worse for Gase to be gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If the offense finishes where Gase offenses tend to usually finish (mid 20s or worse) than he should be fired.

His tenure as a HC seems eerily similar to the offensive version of Bowles, who was a “defensive mastermind” the same way Gase is an “offensive mastermind.” Becomes HC, and the unit that was supposed to be the “specialty” becomes below average.

Edited by GangGreen420

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

If the offense finishes where Gase offenses tend to usually finish (mid 20s or worse) than he should be fired.

His tenure as a HC seems eerily similar to the offensive version of Bowles, who was a “defensive mastermind” the same way Gase is an “offensive mastermind.” Becomes HC, and the unit that was supposed to be the “specialty” becomes below average.

Spot on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 1:05 PM, KingOfTheDot said:

 Smart move by our Owner. 

Statements like that have too often been the kiss of death in professional sports.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dcat said:

Statements like that have too often been the kiss of death in professional sports.  

Ehh it depends. In Cincinnati? yes. But Gase should get more than a few week(at this time we were in week 9/10 I wanna say) to build his program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
0
 Advanced issue found
 
😐
1
On 5/22/2020 at 1:13 AM, Rich51 said:

 Draft Network has named Gase as coach on the hottest seat

https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-coaching-hot-seat-2020

 

 

I called this season being his last, but it did make me happy to hear that Bell & other players recruited Gore to join them. Players aren't going to recruit others if they don't like the situation they're in. It's a small sign, but a solid one to me. 

 

CJ probably won't fire him during the season unless things get UGLY right away. I don't see that happening. He have a shot to start off well in the first 5 weeks. I'm just concerned about the rest of the season. Again, I hope he proves me wrong but I still have my doubts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

smh, there goes that stupid emoji crap. The site won't even allow me to go back to edit those posts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

smh, there goes that stupid emoji crap. The site won't even allow me to go back to edit those posts. 

Because the rich51's post overlaps your reply due to your ridiculous emoji (lol).  Need to close rich51 post (v) before you can edit or quote your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think Gase is on the hot seat. However Sam has to perform well. If he doesn’t and Gase gets canned because of it then we’ll be getting a new offense and another system for him and that has never been good for Quarterbacks. Especially young ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×