Adam Gase’s job is safe per C. Johnson

KingOfNewYork

On 11/17/2019 at 6:29 PM, mattmanz91 said:

In addition to "QB", Sam should have the title "CEO" in front of his name because at the end of the day, it should really be his decision and productivity that determines whether or not Gase remains for at least the next two seasons. Gase has been the poster-boy for the Jets failures, but in reality, this team is going to ride-and-die with Sam Darnold. 

I think Sam is going to be a very good QB, and going through this season is only going to help him in the long run. You can't find many 22 year olds who have had to face the adversity he has on-and-off the field (from mono-gate, to ghost-gate, his own up-and-down play, and the offensive line in front of him)... it takes a special dude to overcome all of it.

Rebuild that offensive line, find some receivers who fit into the scheme better than the holdovers did (Robby, Quincy), and get back a healthy Herndon and I feel this offense can be an extremely productive one. 

Also one important note: I hope Gase and Douglas have noticed that Sam clearly likes connecting with his TEs. I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that TEs are the most likely players to get open when a play breaks down... many times their facing LBs who are in zone, which allows them to get open when Darnold gets outside of the pocket. They should make it a priority to create a pipeline at the position going forward. 

20 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

That’s cool. In years past, this team would have been at each other’s throat by now. 

This is still an evaluation year to me. There’s a chance we can enter that Baltimore game at 6-7 which would be amazing. But we dug ourselves such a big hole, that it’s unrealistic to think we can get a WC spot.

47 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

That’s cool. In years past, this team would have been at each other’s throat by now. 

This is still an evaluation year to me. There’s a chance we can enter that Baltimore game at 6-7 which would be amazing. But we dug ourselves such a big hole, that it’s unrealistic to think we can get a WC spot.

I just care about Darnold playing well. Just so he can shut people up who doubt that hes a franchise qb. 

Hez lifting this team up right now

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I just care about Darnold playing well. Just so he can shut people up who doubt that hes a franchise qb. 

Hez lifting this team up right now

Same. I think we are learning a lot about our team right now. He's definitely a FQB. I think Gase and Gregg are just figuring out how best to utilize players and who should stay and who should go. But it's clear that when you give Darnold time, he lights up a defense. He just doesn't get enough time against these top end defenses because our OL is so bad. Looking ahead, I think the Pit game is going to be a challenge. They have a few guys that can rush the passer. But I think he plays well the rest of the way.

Looking ahead, I think it's crazy that there's a realistic chance we go 7-9. To start the season, most Jets fans thought we were a 7 to 9 win team. With all the injuries to key players, it's crazy that we may get there. 

The side effect of that is that we are likely going to be out of the reach of the top 2 OT. I dont really care to be honest. I want to see wins.

Edited by SDotNova

The Barrios 69 yard catch was great play design. It was fake screen play call to Crowder, which then opened Braxton or a quick slant which Darnold threw a beautiful dart hitting Braxton perfectly which allowed him to hit stride and take for the huge gain.

I am just giddy about Darnold, hes the best QB I've seen the Jets have since I've been a fan (not saying much). But he really seems like the whole package and does things not many QBs can do. He lifts a team and makes players better. All he needs is a little bit of time and he can make magic happen. 

7 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I just hope no one steals Gregg Williams from us, I hope hes our DC next season. Hes done a fantastic job, considering how bad our CBs were and how we have no real edge rushers. Then losing CJ Mosley, Avery Williamson. Getting guys like Hewitt and Burgess playing well.  

That would be a big disappointment, we really need some continuity on both sides of the ball.

Thankfully the league has moved much further towards the offensive side of ball and owners wanting HC who specialize in offense.

I think if a team is going to poach a defensive coach the list likely starts with the 49ers DC, and Kris Richards, who had interviews last year. 

Edited by mattmanz91
  • Like 1

Got to give Adam Gase credit too. I, like many, have given him his fair share, most of which warranted especially after the loss to Miami, but he’s done a fantastic job the last few games and I hope he continues to script good plays and game plans along with having the players want to play for him. If he’s going to be here I am going to root for him. I don’t understand how some fans still can’t give him any credit or want to see him fail. Do you root for the pilot to crash the plane? Keep it going Gase. 

EDIT: this mainly speaks to idiot fans on twitter. This forum is very fair with its criticism whether we all agree or disagree. 

Edited by ekill08x
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

GW has been a magician all year - This can't be understated or overlooked. 

Our defensive production this season with virtually nothing at CB/EDGE is truly astounding.  

Building off this: 

1. We're actually seeing our young guys develop under GW - Maye//Fatukasi//Sheperd//Bless,//Cashman/Hewitt//Jenkins are all beneficiaries. S*** even Jamaal looks better. 
  2. We actually have an identity on defense. Since day one GW preached the importance of culture and we're seeing that on game day - Guys are playing a physical brand of football, displaying a willingness to hit someone in the mouth, and just flying around in general.