Adam Gase’s job is safe per C. Johnson

KingOfNewYork

Thoughts on the burner account? 

Sounds ridiculous, coming from Manish of all people doesn't help, but I'm not really sure what to make of it. For those who haven't followed, account name is WyattV18 (Gases son's name is Wyatt) and literally every single tweet/response/like since the account was created has been to defend Gase. 

Could just be a crazily obsessed fan, then again, does Gase have any of those?  

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Thoughts on the burner account? 

Sounds ridiculous, coming from Manish of all people doesn't help, but I'm not really sure what to make of it. For those who haven't followed, account name is WyattV18 (Gases son's name is Wyatt) and literally every single tweet/response/like since the account was created has been to defend Gase. 

Could just be a crazily obsessed fan, then again, does Gase have any of those?  

It’s bizarre to say the least. Typical Jets situation though 

Those who want to see Gase gone at all costs are typically the same people who are critical of ownership. The primary complaints about Gase have been warranted and I agree with most of them, but it seems like the Connor Rogers/Joe Caporoso/Manish Mehta’s of the Jets beat want Gase gone because his style is more conformist with the traditional NFL way (although Gase does rely heavily on analytics) rather than being is the “flavor of the month” coach; they want to see a results oriented coach who will implement a system that will produce stats now, but history shows that the “flash in the pan” mentality rarely works... more often than not, Process > Results leads to the most sustainable success, which is what Gase has been preaching. The media got on CJ for making the mid season decision that Gase would return, and the Jets have gone 5-2 since. 

Watch the video below of Blank/McKay (one of the most respected ownership groups in the NFL) explain why they decided to keep Dan Quinn and how they view building an organization. Whether Gase is here past 2020 or not, logistically the Jets made the right decision to bring him back for next year.

• Like 1

I am not convinced Gase is the coach for the future of the Jets.    Winning a few games when your season is already decided does not impress me.   The see the phenominal job Gregg Williams has done with the defense more of a factor than Gase's leadership.   My focus this offseason would be on Joe Douglas recognizing who the talented players on the team currently and keeping those players in-house in spite of Gase's personal feelings about these players.    JD has to hit on whatever players he brings into the organization.

• Like 1

Gase is a garbage coach, hes doing exactly what he did in Miami. 

Hes our HC in 2020 unfortunately. 

The best part of our coaching staff is Gregg Williams and Brent Boyer. We also have some other rising coaches, like Hines Ward who has been doing well coaching up Anderson to catch contested passes.

But the offensive staff has been awful. Gase continues hovering around league worst offenses. 

But I feel like they don't want Darnold to learn a new offensive system again. Instead he'll be comfortable in the system, try to revamp the OL and add some weapons. 

Edited by NYJets4716

You just can't get rid of a coach who finished the year 6-2, even if one of those was to the previously winless Bengals.

The narrative was set that Gase was awful and we're a terrible team after the 1-7 start and with us not looking good in primetime for about 10 years. But really, I think we're okay. You can say we didn't play many good teams in those last 8 games, but winning 6 of 8 against anyone in the NFL is pretty good. It means it's pretty hard to place us in that bottom tier of teams. And look at our roster: we're not a very talented team.

A lot of it is likely Gregg Williams. Yep, I totally get that. He's been fantastic building a defense without much at corner or an edge rusher, and with our star ILB out virtually all season. Brant Boyer's got our special teams playing well too (kicking aside). Our offense has been up and down, and the lows have been really low for sure. But I'm choosing to trust the process and I look forward to seeing what our offense can do with better talent on it next season. Maybe I'll look stupid for believing that there's still a chance for Gase to prove he's the right man for the job here. But I completely believe that keeping him here for year 2 is the right move and that we could be on the way up.

Now, if we trot out this level of offense next season with an OL that actually knows how to block and an upgrade at receiver... then I'm all for cutting ties and starting over. We do need to start winning games that we're actually favoured in. I feel like we haven't done that in years.

Edited by TheChad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Offensive guru and we ended up the year with the worst offense in the nfl. Let that sink in.

4th worst in passing per game and 2nd to last in rushing per game.

Averaging a total of only 273yds of total offense each week.

We will waste another year with this moron too. Hard to argue this team has much of a future right now. We are going to remain in limbo until we have a new coach.