Adam Gase’s job is safe per C. Johnson

KingOfNewYork

3 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Who cares about reputation. Get it right. Gase is not the man for the job. Nothing else matters. 

All of you are so high on Darnold, while I still do not believe we have our guy.

Either way, he will have one more season of bad coaching so we may truly never find out whether he could have been something.

I’ll be honest, I don’t feel great about Sam anymore. I still think he will be good, but I don’t think he’ll be top 10. He doesn’t look like the same player he was vs HOU and GB last year. But there was the mono thing and he has horrible coaching around him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’ll be honest, I don’t feel great about Sam anymore. I still think he will be good, but I don’t think he’ll be top 10. He doesn’t look like the same player he was vs HOU and GB last year. But there was the mono thing and he has horrible coaching around him

Same here. I don't think he'll be bad, but he'll be just your average starting QB. Career path along the lines of Kirk Cousins.

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We’ve been unrealistic about this roster all year. All full strength yes they had a chance but this is bottom of the barrel. To think any coach(Belichick is an anamoly) or QB would have changed that is ridiculous. 

I don't believe anyone has been unrealistic about the roster.  I think there is an overwhelming lack of confidence in Gase from the fan base on and off this board.  This seems primarily due to his track record in Miami coaching, handling players and interaction with the FO.  Gase has done very little to quell those concerns with the Jets fan base frankly.  There just is not much there as proof that he is a good in game coach who can adjust to the opposition, that he is a good motivator (team has been flat a lot) or that he has the ability to grow as a coach (seems to make the same mistakes as in Miami).  These are my concerns and I believe many other fans issues as well.

With all that said, I certainly hope I am wrong.  I would gladly eat crow if I am but I just don't see Gase as the guy.  Do we need more talent and have a bunch of holes to fill - that is obvious.  Is talent and injury part of the problem this year - absolutely.  Do we lack depth - sure.  But Gase has been a part of the problem as well.  It is not just the fan base saying that but many experts/former players have been singing the same song.  I hope against hope that Gase proves everyone wrong, I am rooting for him to do so as this is not about who is right or wrong but about finally having a consistent contending team year in and year out.  

Edited by JetsFan15
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I don't believe anyone has been unrealistic about the roster.  I think there is an overwhelming lack of confidence in Gase from the fan base on and off this board.  This seems primarily due to his track record in Miami coaching, handling players and interaction with the FO.  Gase has done very little to quell those concerns with the Jets fan base frankly.  There just is not much there as proof that he is a good in game coach who can adjust to the opposition, that he is a good motivator (team has been flat a lot) or that he has the ability to grow as a coach (seems to make the same mistakes as in Miami).  These are my concerns and I believe many other fans issues as well.

With all that said, I certainly hope I am wrong.  I would gladly eat crow if I am but I just don't see Gase as the guy.  Do we need more talent and have a bunch of holes to fill - that is obvious.  Is talent and injury part of the problem this year - absolutely.  Do we lack depth - sure.  But Gase has been a part of the problem as well.  It is not just the fan base saying that but many experts/former players have been singing the same song.  I hope against hope that Gase proves everyone wrong, I am rooting for him to do so as this is not about who is right or wrong but about finally having a consistent contending team year in and year out.  

Preconceived opinions were always going run rampant no matter what. Let’s be honest, guys were never going to give the dude credit no matter what he did. 

But this roster was always what it was and the expectation, that with all that’s happened, that this team should be better is ridiculous and only furthers the negative predetermined opinions.

You take a roster that at the beginning of the year lacked Cornerbacks, Pass Rushers and had a poor OL(so much so that we had to bring a guy out of retirement who shouldn’t be playing anymore) and then you slowly take away pieces of that roster. Pieces that were some of the good ones to begin with. 

Herndon barely plays this year, Williamson doesn’t play at all, Mosley drops, Enunwa drops, Beachum drops, Tru drops, Hewitt, Cashman, Darnold gets sick, we don’t have a kicker and other on and off injuries

This is just a roster thing I’m referencing. It’s one thing to be limited to start the year based on what you have and then guys just start dropping left and right. Some will say “oh the team should at least be competitive” but again if we’re “competitive” and still 2-7 then you guys wouldn’t care because you didn’t want the coach in the first place. 

Knicks are doing the same thing with Fizdale. We really don’t wanna be the Knicks lol.

Why would the Jets go to Kaepernike's workout, is this  Chris Johnson being politically correct. It sure looks like he is a bigger fool than Woody Johnson. That is all we need is getting in involved  with this Kaepernike,  mess.

Why did CJ allow Macc, to do the 2019 NFL draft when he new he was going fire Macc. two weeks later?

Offensive Line

39 sacks allowed(2nd)

73 QB hits(3rd)

3.2 yards per Carry (31st)

Rushing first downs left(32nd), center(29th) and right (27th)

10+ yard carries Left(32nd), center(21st), right(27th)

This isn’t a scapegoat, this is just a poor unit with guys who need to be replaced. It happens. This is why Macc got fired because he did not invest here enough.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 7:53 PM, KingOfTheDot said:

Gase doing more things he did in Miami,  finding players and making players dislike him.

Idk what people expected of Darnold,  no qb is gonna be good on this team. 

But you can't sit here tell me that Darnold looks like Sanchez, Geno,  Clemens,  hackenberg.

Most of the time its if Darnold doesn't win the game for the team,  we get blown out. Hes carrying a team at 22, this is a bad team.

What does Darnold have to work with? The Patriots game is making his stats look worse.

Well Gase is going to get more time to prove himself. I just wish I had more confidence in his offensive coaching staff. Also wish we didn’t run the same personnel group 80% of the time. 

The one thing I do think Gase has done well...and trust me I’ve asked this question all season (what does Gase do well), he seems to communicate really well and appropriate with Darnold. I think he spoke to him very well in the Patriots game when the kid was literally struggling for dear life. I also think he’s relatively good with the media thus far. I am by no means endorsing him because I have made it clear how I feel but there’s really nothing we can do. Build off the positives. 

My biggest fear is even if our line is solid next year, we will still lack a running game and fail to consistently score due to his inability to scheme the blocking for the run. Some of it is Bells “patience” at the LOS, some of it is personnel be poor run blockers and part of it is scheme. We need all 3 things to change. Having a pawn as the “OC” does nothing to help with adjustments and it should be mandatory that we bring someone else in. Bates would be a great QB hire who Darnold is familiar with and whose strength schematically is the run game. Could be a good addition to the staff. Who would have thought I actually would prefer this guy back. A testament to how poor we’ve operated offensively. Goes beyond the LOS. A lot more has to change or next year won’t back much different despite a change in some personnel.