Adam Gase’s job is safe per C. Johnson

KingOfNewYork

Jets can make it 5 games in a row with at least 34 points before dealing with Ravens, Steelers and Bills.    Considering Steelers and Bills are sitting at the bottom part of AFC playoff picture, Jets need to win all remaining games and either Steelers and Bills losing all (Bills vs Steelers on week 15) for Jets to get in playoff.   So there is still a hope for Jets.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Jets can make it 5 games in a row with at least 34 points before dealing with Ravens, Steelers and Bills.    Considering Steelers and Bills are sitting at the bottom part of AFC playoff picture, Jets need to win all remaining games and either Steelers and Bills losing all (Bills vs Steelers on week 15) for Jets to get in playoff.   So there is still a hope for Jets.

I would be absolutely stunned if we beat the Ravens. I'd be very happy with Sam continuing to look how he has and it turning out to be a somewhat close game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We’re kinda built to stop their offense. 

They will give us fits defensively tho. 

I agree, but I'm anxious to see how Gregg schemes against their offense. Maybe Jamal Adams as a spy all night on Lamar Jackson? It's gonna be hard to stop them from scoring points. 

Honestly, this is the game I have in my book as a letdown game. Flying high, going up against a winless squad.

Dalton is back in at QB, so you know he is going to be hungry trying to prove they he deserves a contract from someone in the offseason.

I just feel like this is the sort of trap game that the jets typically fall victim to.

If we can avoid that though, we should be amped up to play the fins and avenge a bad loss to a winless squad. That sets us up at 6-7 with confidence.

We will get smoked by the ravens. Just dont see how our DBs will be able to cover long enough to slow down the passing attack.

After that, we should beat the steelers. The Bill's in the final week could go either way. They may even be resting players would be nice to get the W and finish 8-8.

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

Honestly, this is the game I have in my book as a letdown game. Flying high, going up against a winless squad.

Dalton is back in at QB, so you know he is going to be hungry trying to prove they he deserves a contract from someone in the offseason.

I just feel like this is the sort of trap game that the jets typically fall victim to.

If we can avoid that though, we should be amped up to play the fins and avenge a bad loss to a winless squad. That sets us up at 6-7 with confidence.

We will get smoked by the ravens. Just dont see how our DBs will be able to cover long enough to slow down the passing attack.

After that, we should beat the steelers. The Bill's in the final week could go either way. They may even be resting players would be nice to get the W and finish 8-8.

This is always the game we lose in the past, hopefully Darnold makes us believe.

I have us finishing 7-9.

Edited by NYJets4716

• 2 weeks later...

Not trying to offer a veiled defense of Gase, but didn't know where else to put this... 

If I had been told that week 1 starters Sam Darnold (3), Le'Veon Bell (1), Quincy Enunwa (12), Chris Herndon (12), Kelvin Beachum (3),  Keleci Osemele (10), Ryan Kalil (5), Brian Winters (3), Quinnen Williams (2), Henry Anderson (3), CJ Mosley (11), Neville Hewitt (4), Jordan Jenkins (2), Trumaine Johnson (5), Daryl Roberts (3), Poole (1), and Jamal Adams (1) would all have missed time this year - not to mention all the backups/role players who have missed time - I probably would've told you we would be 3-10 entering week 15. That's 81/286 possible "starts missed" due to injury - a staggering 28.3% - and it doesn't include the top backups who missed time correspondingly (Siemian/Darnold, D.Thomas/Enunwa, Mosley/Hewitt/Cashman, Johnson/Roberts/Poole/Maulet)... 

Pretty crazy how many injuries we've sustained this year, with Kyron Brown the latest to be placed on IR (16 players total). 

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Not trying to offer a veiled defense of Gase, but didn't know where else to put this... 

If I had been told that week 1 starters Sam Darnold (3), Le'Veon Bell (1), Quincy Enunwa (12), Chris Herndon (12), Kelvin Beachum (3),  Keleci Osemele (10), Ryan Kalil (5), Brian Winters (3), Quinnen Williams (2), Henry Anderson (3), CJ Mosley (11), Neville Hewitt (4), Jordan Jenkins (2), Trumaine Johnson (5), Daryl Roberts (3), Poole (1), and Jamal Adams (1) would all have missed time this year - not to mention all the backups/role players who have missed time - I probably would've told you we would be 3-10 entering week 15. That's 81/286 possible "starts missed" due to injury - a staggering 28.3% - and it doesn't include the top backups who missed time correspondingly (Siemian/Darnold, D.Thomas/Enunwa, Mosley/Hewitt/Cashman, Johnson/Roberts/Poole/Maulet)... 

Pretty crazy how many injuries we've sustained this year, with Kyron Brown the latest to be placed on IR (16 players total). 

I'm reserving judgement of Gase until next season after we hopefully address big time areas of this team (OL, WR, Edge and CB).

I found this twitter thread incredibly interesting: 

This type of injury plagued season seems unprecedented but its actually been the standard of Adam Gase coached teams. Since becoming a HC in 2016, Gases teams have routinely led the league in injuries - 4 consecutive season is too much evidence to consider this a coincidence or bad luck IMO.

22 hours ago, NJC33 said:

I found this twitter thread incredibly interesting: 

This type of injury plagued season seems unprecedented but its actually been the standard of Adam Gase coached teams. Since becoming a HC in 2016, Gases teams have routinely led the league in injuries - 4 consecutive season is too much evidence to consider this a coincidence or bad luck IMO.

It's been a little bit of everything this year. Yes- I do think Gase has a tendency to overload the injury report and yes, I do think its so that he can make an excuse when/if things go wrong (he just comes off that way to me)

However, you can't deny that for the most part, the injuries have been significant. Mosley's groin was misdiagnosed originally, he didn't want to have surgery, and when they determined that was his only recourse he went on IR... the team did right by him. Sam's mono was what it was. I do think guys like Bellamy, Cannon, Tru Johnson, Kalil were placed on IR for reasons other than a real season ending "injury", but the rest of them were real tears or breaks. Beachum had a high-ankle, Adams dealing with a foot, calf injuries plaguing the CBs, Demaryius has been plagued with nicks all year (too hard to play on short rest), Chuma dealing with an MCL, Ryan Griffin dealing with an ankle on a short week, Poole has a concussion... like you can't really "fake" these injuries whether your the player or the coach. Maybe practices are too intense? I really can't say. But for the most part, these are legit injuries.