Saints G Andrus Peat breaks arm; out 6 weeks

RaidersAreOne

He's been solid at times with moments of 1st round talent flashing through, but more often than not he's sub par. 

He's soft as hell for how thick he is. He's a pillsbury doughboy who struggles with conditioning.

He'll probably go to a team that has a crappy OL and make them pretty happy on a cheap contract.

35 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Is he better than Pat Elflein?

Yep. Most of the frustration with Peat is his ceiling. Still, numbers-wise, he's not bad. He doesn't look like he plays tough enough most of the time and doesn't get the push you'd expect with his frame. Still, it may not be pretty, but he'll keep the QB upright most of the time and stats-wise, he HAS been pretty good the past several season. Eye test wise, meh. He's the weak link for the Saints but would be an upgrade for about half of the teams in the NFL.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Yep. Most of the frustration with Peat is his ceiling. Still, numbers-wise, he's not bad. He doesn't look like he plays tough enough most of the time and doesn't get the push you'd expect with his frame. Still, it may not be pretty, but he'll keep the QB upright most of the time and stats-wise, he HAS been pretty good the past several season. Eye test wise, meh. He's the weak link for the Saints but would be an upgrade for about half of the teams in the NFL.

That’s a lot of words to say he’s pretty average

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

He's average, but when he's bad, he's really bad.

This hurts, because Will Clapp looks worse.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Easton start at guard, keeping will Clapp in his 6th OL role for heavy sets.

I don’t think Easton was active because Clapp was the emergency guard. Easton takes the job and Clapp keeps the same role 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Easton start at guard, keeping will Clapp in his 6th OL role for heavy sets.

I don’t think Easton was active because Clapp was the emergency guard. Easton takes the job and Clapp keeps the same role 

Im fine with that, Clapp is good as a six, but I really don't want to see him start at guard.