Bears and Rams, 11/17, GDT

beardown3231

1 minute ago, abstract_thought said:

He showed all of the same flaws last season but he played more defenses like the Lions. Nagy didn't ruin him, he just sucks.

If you are averaging less than 10 points a game there is a whole lot more wrong than just the QB play. Trubs has been bad but this gigantic mess is far far far from being all his fault.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pool said:

If you are averaging less than 10 points a game there is a whole lot more wrong than just the QB play. Trubs has been bad but this gigantic mess is far far far from being all his fault.

Start at the top and start firing people.

Fire Pace tomorrow for all I care. Get a head start on the search.

1 minute ago, Pool said:

100% agree, I simply disagree that Trubisky is actively being ruined by Nagy. He was bad last season. All the red flags were there and the fanbase ignored them because the Bears were a playoff team for the 1st time in years.

2 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

100% agree, I simply disagree that Trubisky is actively being ruined by Nagy. He was bad last season. All the red flags were there and the fanbase ignored them because the Bears were a playoff team for the 1st time in years.

Was Tru really that bad or was it Nagy?

How about Trus rookie season under Fox?

They weren't even this bad on offense in Fox's last year with Tru starting.  This years offense has just been completely inept.

Edited by topwop1

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Start at the top and start firing people.

Fire Pace tomorrow for all I care. Get a head start on the search.

I don't disagree. The other thing that comes to mind for me is them shipping off Jordan Howard for peanuts only to sign a guy as his replacement who they cut last week. It makes no dang sense at all. And I feel absolutely terrible for Mitch. That kid tried his hardest and got very little help from the org. It's the same ole same ole that has been going on for freaking ever. Ignore the offense build the defense and hope we can win every week on field goals. It's so stupidly exasperating.

Just now, topwop1 said:

Was Tru really that bad or was it Nagy?

How about Trus rookie season under Fox?

I 100% blame this on Nagy over Trubs. Nagy has shown himself to be an arrogant egotistical moron who thinks he is always the smartest guy in the room when he so so so clearly is not. How many rookie QB's have we seen succeed this year who don't have half the talent that Mitch does? It's infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

The red flags were there like every rookie QB shows. You're supposed to be able to coach the players up. Not watch them drastically regress. I firmly believe that Mitch has the talent and he has looked absolutely lost this year. Deer in headlights every single play. Nagy has consistently hung him out to dry (7 freaking runs?) and ruined his confidence.

While we are at this let's go ahead and throw out the decision to pay Mike freaking Glennon instead of Cutler. Pace/Nagy have made some impossibly bad decisions.

1.Howard

2.Mike Davis

3.Mike Glennon

4. Cutler

5. Shafreakingheen

6.Burton

How much more do they need to screw up before changes are made? 

1 minute ago, Pool said:

The red flags were there like every rookie QB shows. You're supposed to be able to coach the players up. Not watch them drastically regress. I firmly believe that Mitch has the talent and he has looked absolutely lost this year. Deer in headlights every single play. Nagy has consistently hung him out to dry (7 freaking runs?) and ruined his confidence.

Not all players are talented and can be developed. Mitch has never demonstrated that he has the mental capacity to play QB at a high level in the NFL.

The Bears ran the ball 24 times tonight. They run the ball about 1% less often than the average NFL team. It was fair to criticize the playcalling after the first few games, but adjustments have been made and that narrative isn't really true anymore.

7 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

You mean when he posted a 31.6 QBR, threw as many INTs as TDs, and was 29th in DVOA? Yeah, I'd say he was bad then too.

To be fair no one is going to sling it around the yard with Wright and Bellamy being their best WRs. He was also constantly in 3rd and long, which is hard as hell for great QBs, let alone wildly inexperienced rookie QBs with Big Ten-level talent.

3 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Not all players are talented and can be developed. Mitch has never demonstrated that he has the mental capacity to play QB at a high level in the NFL.

The Bears ran the ball 24 times tonight. They run the ball about 1% less often than the average NFL team. It was fair to criticize the playcalling after the first few games, but adjustments have been made and that narrative isn't really true anymore.

Lamarr Jackson got a freaking 13 on the wonderlic. You're going to tell me that he is smarter than Trubs? Sorry no. Baltimore built an offense he could run. Nagy built an over complicated one that Trubisky and Glennon couldn't. And then called horrible plays on top of that. HE gotta go

Edited by Pool

Just now, Sugashane said:

To be fair no one is going to sling it around the yard with Wright and Bellamy being their best WRs. He was also constantly in 3rd and long, which is hard as hell for great QBs, let alone wildly inexperienced rookie QBs with Big Ten-level talent.

The point is that his current performance is not very surprising in the context of his career. It's not like he was good and then suddenly turned into a pumpkin. He's had a few good games against defenses that were absolutely terrible. Most of his career has ranged from average to awful.

1 minute ago, Pool said:

Lamarr Jackson got a freaking 13 on the wonderlic. You're going to tell me that he is smarter than Trubs? Sorry no. Baltimore built an offense he could run. Nagy built an over complicated one that Trubisky and Glennon couldn't. And then called horrible plays on top of that. HE gotta go

Are we really going to compare the physical talent of a generational athlete like Lamar Jackson with an above-average QB athlete like Mitch? Of course Jackson can play in an offense centered around him running the ball. Mitch is not that type of runner.

And FWIW Trubisky outscored both Mahomes and Watson in the Wonderlic but I'm not going to put his ability to read defenses and locate open receivers against theirs...

1 minute ago, abstract_thought said:

The point is that his current performance is not very surprising in the context of his career. It's not like he was good and then suddenly turned into a pumpkin. He's had a few good games against defenses that were absolutely terrible. Most of his career has ranged from average to awful.

I don't disagree at all, I was just stating that his rookie year shouldn't be used in much statistical evidence. I doubt Brees or Rodgers would have thrown for more than 20 TDs with that cast. It was pathetic.

But Nagy has shown me nothing to prove he can develop a QB and system, or scheme around weaknesses. He has done a better job of adjusting to run the ball more but he seems to put himself in a corner too much.

Both have been incredibly disappointing, but I think Tru is gone first (if he gets his 5th year option and plays on it or is extended to a big deal I'd probably give up on the franchise entirely)  and Nagy gets another shot to prove the current narrative wrong about him.