Bears and Rams, 11/17, GDT

beardown3231

What is going on with Mack? 6 games now, 1 sack and looks like his effort isn't there. As bad as I've seen him play.

I get Hicks injury and the team overall. But you are paying this man 100+ mil to be a transcendent player on defense and he's been MIA for weeks now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pool said:

Right. Mitch has the tools and Nagy can't teach him how to use them. Nor does he do anything to make it easier on him. Matt "Im not here to run the I formation" COTY Nagy. He's horrible. Most QB's drafted as high as Mitch was who bust bust on personality i.e. Jawalrus, Ryan Leaf or injury Akili Smith. Mitch has the talent. You don't go #2 overall if you don't. He is smart enough and he has the talent. He has zero help from the coach in adapting the offense to his strengths or in the play calling. Lamarr Jackson could barely hit an open receiver last year and has improved drastically this year and he certainly isn't smarter than Mitch. So sorry not sorry but I really fail to grasp how this isn't on Nagy 100x more than Mitch. 

I think you should extend Trubisky and fire Nagy! 

Sorry, but Trubisky is never going to be the franchise QB you want him to be. The kid is not an elite thrower of the football. He also panics in the pocket and when the rush is on his eyes go down instead of keeping them up and working the ball downfield. 

IF Nagy stays, Trubisky goes. If Trubisky stays it's with a new coach, new system and that is another burden to put on the kid who is already struggling mightily! Hope springs eternal, but sometimes reality has to pop in and in this case, it's time to move on from this draft bust! 

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What is going on with Mack? 6 games now, 1 sack and looks like his effort isn't there. As bad as I've seen him play.

I get Hicks injury and the team overall. But you are paying this man 100+ mil to be a transcendent player on defense and he's been MIA for weeks now. 

If you watched the game you would've seen he was only able to rush the passer 10 times and on probably half he was being chipped, double teamed or even triple teamed. Collinsworth and Michaels talked about it at least 3 times.

Last week their LB's coach said he really only had 9 chances, too. They have no one else who can consistently get there so teams are 100% focused on him.

Edited by beardown3231

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If you watched the game you would've seen he was only able to rush the passer 10 times and on probably half he was being chipped, double teamed or even triple teamed. Collinsworth and Michaels talked about it at least 3 times.

Last week their LB's coach said he really only had 9 chances, too. They have no one else who can consistently get there so teams are 100% focused on him.

Yeah he's dropping back in coverage a ton now. 

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I did watch game. I've watched every Bears game this season. It's been 6 weeks of him barely showing up on the stat sheet. He's always got double teamed and teams focus. His effort looks flat out lazy at times uncharacteristically. 

Just saying, you really can't make excuses for a player who's suppose to be a leader. Team went all in on and is being paid 20+ mil a year.

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Why? 

I guess Pagano believes that since so much of the OL is schemes around Mack that everyone else will srill get 1 on 1 match ups and then he also gets another defender on space. 

I say you get some bigs with their hand down, let Mack roam and pick his spot to blitz. Idc if he is rushing on the outside or inside, he is paid to hit the QB, not to be an off ball LB. Let him really be the freak athlete he is and cut off blockers vs the run keep the QB looking for him. 

49 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I did watch game. I've watched every Bears game this season. It's been 6 weeks of him barely showing up on the stat sheet. He's always got double teamed and teams focus. His effort looks flat out lazy at times uncharacteristically. 

Just saying, you really can't make excuses for a player who's suppose to be a leader. Team went all in on and is being paid 20+ mil a year.

A leader doesn't always equal great production. There's no doubt Mack is a leader, but if you're ultimately getting no chance to rush the QB and when you do you're never 1 on 1, what can he do?

And if you did watch, again, Collinsworth andMichaels talked at length about his lack of opportunity given the circumstances and even commented that dropping him into coverage would perhaps help another rusher.

Floyd is worthless when it comes to getting after the QB, Nichols must still be healing, Lynch stinks, Irving is hurt, Vaughters was promoted to play ST and Williams is solid. That's it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Floyd is worthless when it comes to getting after the QB, Nichols must still be healing, Lynch stinks, Irving is hurt, Vaughters was promoted to play ST and Williams is solid. That's it.

I think we can finally put to bed any of the talk that Goldman is a legit passrushing threat, even if only comparing to NTs. He is a decent 4th option on the line.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I think we can finally put to bed any of the talk that Goldman is a legit passrushing threat, even if only comparing to NTs. He is a decent 4th option on the line.

Goldman is a space eater and always has been.  He was never considered a pass rusher. We already know this about him.  The D-line clearly misses Hicks. I knew when he went down that it would create issues for Mack.

12 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Goldman is a space eater and always has been.  He was never considered a pass rusher. We already know this about him.  The D-line clearly misses Hicks. I knew when he went down that it would create issues for Mack.

There has been talks on here how he is a legit passrushing threat in comparison to other 3-4 NTs. More based on how much pressure he causes up the middle rather than sack totals.  That's all I was speaking of.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I guess Pagano believes that since so much of the OL is schemes around Mack that everyone else will srill get 1 on 1 match ups and then he also gets another defender on space. 

I say you get some bigs with their hand down, let Mack roam and pick his spot to blitz. Idc if he is rushing on the outside or inside, he is paid to hit the QB, not to be an off ball LB. Let him really be the freak athlete he is and cut off blockers vs the run keep the QB looking for him. 

That's what I am saying. Why would you 100 mil for a defensive player and have him play coverage. 

Mack's been getting doubles since his sophomore season and he always excelled in effecting the game. And the Raiders had nothing around him. Just doesn't make sense what's going on and he looks completely uninterested right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

A leader doesn't always equal great production. There's no doubt Mack is a leader, but if you're ultimately getting no chance to rush the QB and when you do you're never 1 on 1, what can he do?

Mack's a guy who can beat double teams. The other marque pass rushers get the same treatment. They are all playing at their normal level. 

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

And if you did watch, again, Collinsworth andMichaels talked at length about his lack of opportunity given the circumstances and even commented that dropping him into coverage would perhaps help another rusher.

Seems dumb. Pay 100 mil for a player to rush the passer and then ask him to play coverage. The Rams Oline is terrible. They started a rookie tackle. Sound like poor coaching. Would Vic have his 100 mil pass rusher in coverage?