Rookie watch thread!

resilient part 2

Think Jaxson Hayes is going to take Okafor's minutes, been surprisingly effective for a guy that was supposed to be raw. Good to see NAW putting up some points and not turning it over as much even if you'd like him to be more efficient

On 11/19/2019 at 7:43 AM, roger murdock said:

He was garbage in college. If he was ranked the 150th best HS recruit he would have stayed 4 years in college and not gotten drafted.

The draft is about upside and he definitely has some intriguing tools/traits. But as of now, he is boo boo at basketball. 

On 11/19/2019 at 10:43 AM, roger murdock said:

He was garbage in college. If he was ranked the 150th best HS recruit he would have stayed 4 years in college and not gotten drafted.

Well yeah, because that probably would've meant he has no upside or tools that are enticing. He's a good athlete with a pretty looking shot. He's definitely not been great but I'd be willing to bet he develops into a decent 3/D player. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The draft is about upside and he definitely has some intriguing tools/traits. But as of now, he is boo boo at basketball. 

He still sucks but he's getting better. His first nine games made him look like he had no business ever being in the NBA. In his last five he's at least shown a little promise. Kind of reminds of a less talented Wiggins. He also had a horrendous first few games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

He still sucks but he's getting better. His first nine games made him look like he had no business ever being in the NBA. In his last five he's at least shown a little promise. Kind of reminds of a less talented Wiggins. He also had a horrendous first few games.

During the last college basketball season and the pre-draft process, I heard so many people blame Cam's struggles on Duke's personnel and offense. Saying things like "he struggled because of a lack of spacing" or "he just didn't fit well with RJ and Zion." The reason our spacing was horrendous was that Cam couldn't make ish and was trash the entire season. I think he has some upside because of his tools but as of now he's not good at basketball. 

Let me update this to @beekay414

Coby White, I believe will be a fine NBA player. Not mentioned earlier was a argument I had on C White with another poster,  was he is not a PG, hence taking so many shots without getting many asts. Coby is a scoring guard flat out. He can make nifty passes though. Just don't know how he fits with Chicago which already has Zack Lavine and Santoransky  starting. I do believe Chicago needs to trade one for a legit PG, if possible. Otherwise to much clutter at that position.

On 11/21/2019 at 7:06 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Cam reddish is more name than game right now but he's only a year-and-a-half out of high school. If he truly does have talent he'll learn to adapt to the NBA game in a year from now should be a much better player. But we shall see

He flashes at times and he definitely has upside because of his physical tools. But his feel for the game is extremely poor, not sure that's something that will improve dramatically over time. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Let me update this to @beekay414

Coby White, I believe will be a fine NBA player. Not mentioned earlier was a argument I had on C White with another poster,  was he is not a PG, hence taking so many shots without getting many asts. Coby is a scoring guard flat out. He can make nifty passes though. Just don't know how he fits with Chicago which already has Zack Lavine and Santoransky  starting. I do believe Chicago needs to trade one for a legit PG, if possible. Otherwise to much clutter at that position.

Coby White is going to be at his best in a Lou Williams type role. Where he's technically the backup PG but his role is to be a walking bucket off the bench. I love that dude's game. 

Once Ja Morant starts hitting 3's with consistency he's going to be unstoppable and an All-NBA level player. @seminoles1 you guys got yourself a good one. Brandon Clarke has also been very impressive and was one of my favorite sleeper prospects last year. Per 36 Clarke is averaging 20/11/2 on 62% FG. You guys are building something nice down there. 

Also shoutout to @beekay414, he was leading the Ja Morant hype train before last season when no one even knew who he was.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As I said already, I will say again Rui from Wash is a very promising rookie. I love players with multi-position versatility. Rui is using his size and skills to find away to score against different opponents inside and outside. If he continues to improve his 3 point shot, which was said to be almost non existent. He will be one of best rookies in this class.