What if the Warriors Land the #1 Overall Pick in the Draft?

MKnight82

6 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I see more Robert Williams III than Joel Embiid in James Wiseman. Embiid, despite his injury history, is an all around center. Wiseman is so raw and young that it is premature to compare him to most top draft picks. Especially if he never plays in college again.

Wiseman is the consensus top player in the draft for a reason. He's a unicorn level talent and you're comparing him to Robert Williams!? Williams was trash in college and is trash in the league. Wiseman looked like one of the best freshmen we've seen in the last decade. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

18 months is more than enough time to recover from an ACL injury.

Recover physically to near 100% stabilization in the knee, yes. The mental aspect however is a separate journey as is developing the same elite consistency and confidence/trust in their yourself, not to mention the confidence of your teammates and coaches.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

and is trash in the league

Laughable.

But like I said, Wiseman is 18, has no shot, is raw all around, and has less experience. Wiseman is a very athletic seven footer who people are enamored with and might not play much college ball. Gee, I think this has happened before. 🧐

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Recover physically to near 100% stabilization in the knee, yes. The mental aspect however is a separate journey as is developing the same elite consistency and confidence/trust in their yourself, not to mention the confidence of your teammates and coaches.

So you're just assuming he won't return to form. Lmao. 

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Laughable.

But like I said, Wiseman is 18, has no shot, is raw all around, and has less experience. Wiseman is a very athletic seven footer who people are enamored with and might not play much college ball. Gee, I think this has happened before. 🧐

30/30 teams would take Wiseman over Williams. For the 50th time, Wiseman doesn't have to be an elite offensive player as a rookie. He's going to be an elite rebounder, shot blocker, and paint protector. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

So you're just assuming he won't return to form. Lmao. 

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONO.😑

Nice try, but no. I’m not assuming anything, is what I’m doing. Unlike you.

I think it will take time, as I told you. There is no guarantee that Klay and the Warriors team chemistry will return as soon as Klay is back on he court.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

30/30 teams would take Wiseman over Williams

I agree. Your point is... ?

I said a more accurate comparison at this point is Williams in terms of completeness of skillset.

I didn’t say anything about Williams being the preferred prospect. That’s all you chief.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

For the 50th time, Wiseman doesn't have to be an elite offensive player as a rookie.

And for the 51st time, that is all fine but it’s not enough to be one of the 3 or 4 favorites in 2020.

A future with Wiseman is nice compared to if KD re-signed with his bum Achilles.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

And for the 51st time, that is all fine but it’s not enough to be one of the 3 or 4 favorites in 2020.

A future with Wiseman is nice compared to if KD re-signed with his bum Achilles.

Curry - Russell - Thompson - Green - Wiseman is a top 2/3 team in the league. 

6 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I said a more accurate comparison at this point is Williams in terms of completeness of skillset.

I didn’t say anything about Williams being the preferred prospect. That’s all you chief.

Williams is a bum. Wiseman is going to be the #1 pick in the draft. They're not comparable at all. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Williams is a bum. Wiseman is going to be the #1 pick in the draft. They're not comparable at all. 

Again, laughable to call Williams a bum and trash. Indicative of how much you actually pay attention.

Also, in light of how little you pay attention, the point of the comparison is clearly over your head.

5 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Again, laughable to call Williams a bum and trash. Indicative of how much you actually pay attention.

Also, in light of how little you pay attention, the point of the comparison is clearly over your head.

Williams is a decent backup center. Wiseman has a chance to be an All-NBA level player.