Antonio Callaway released

GSUeagles14

8 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Gordon's problems were never really knucklehead problems though. Just substance abuse issues. There's more leeway there in the eyes of most of the decision-makers. Callaway has been a head case since college and it hasn't gotten better since he became a professional. AND he's got substance abuse issues on top of everything thing else. Not the same type of resurrection project. 

True, it’s more layered with Callaway. Maybe Moss would’ve been a better comp? But I’m kinda kidding, NE isn’t special with resurrections or anything. But I’d be up for them taking a shot on him. Let him serve his suspension then see if he can’t clean things up in the offseason.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Facing 10 game suspension and was reportedly late for a practice this week after showing up late for gameday. Don't think he is in high demand at the moment.

Still has major consistency issues with regard to drops, too, doesn't he?

• Like 1

He's very often wrong, but Michael Lombardi has been killing Callaway all season. I am 99.99% sure based on what Lombardi has been saying that he knows someone within the Browns organisation, because he's not stop going on about how the Browns have tolerated Callaway for not having a clue what he's doing on the field (lining up wrong, late to the huddle, etc).

Dorsey really hasn't had anywhere near the same success in Cleveland as he did in Kansas City for these punts on 'low character' guys.

Edited by lomaxgrUK