Antonio Callaway released

GSUeagles14

1 minute ago, HoboRocket said:

Look, I know that you're going to be defensive because everyone is calling you out (seriously, guys, stop it with the "looked in his eyes crap. You made your point. Move on and stop bullying VanS), but Baker probably isn't the issue. I think the issue is how the front office let a rookie-now-sophomore QB dominate the off-season, but still. It's way too early to call him a bust. He's been a disappointment this year at worst, but in an uneven way, not in a terrible way. 

My career is teaching...this isn't bullying. It's holding someone accountable for their words or actions. Think before speaking/typing or acting out. There will be no regrets if we do.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

My career is teaching...this isn't bullying. It's holding someone accountable for their words or actions. Think before speaking/typing or acting out. There will be no regrets if we do.

Holding someone accountable is fine. I'm talking about the repetition. Bullying is NOT single episodes of social rejection or dislike. The same goes for single acts of spite. However, when it is repeated and deliberate, it IS. I'm currently attending school to become a teacher. Kudos.

And maybe bullying was a misuse of words. Still, you guys are beating a dead horse. He was held accountable on page 1, on literally the very first post. VanS' comment about looking into his eyes has been mentioned or alluded to 16 times in this thread already, not counting responses to said allusions if they response didn't mention or allude to the comment. It's been 5 days, or, if you want to get technical, it's been 119 hours and 23 minutes. We can stop now.

I disagree with @VanS about both Callaway and Mayfield, but I'm done rubbing in his face that he was wrong. We're probably all adults here. Let's move on.

Edited by HoboRocket

4 hours ago, mistakey said:

ah yes a couple of good games every now and then sets rookie touchdown records

Like I said.  Living in the past.

RG3 still better than Russell Wilson since you care so much about what happens during a rookie season?

10 minutes ago, VanS said:

RG3 still better than Russell Wilson since you care so much about what happens during a rookie season?

Bro I suggest calming down on the hot takes just so u can be right and say I told you so

sooner or later everyone thinks you’re a joke 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is rich, given that's exactly how you defend Kamara in our "Kamara v McCaffrey" discussion. 

BTW - McCaffrey, by a significant margin.

Antonio Callaway has too good of a build to not be back on a roster. I was able to tell he’d be a great receiver after his first preseason game.

4 hours ago, mistakey said:

Bro I suggest calming down on the hot takes just so u can be right and say I told you so

I don't think commenting on a players current play is a hot take.   My take last year before the draft on Mayfield may have been a hot take.  But thus far this season most people actually agreed with me.

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Antonio Callaway has too good of a build to not be back on a roster. I was able to tell he’d be a great receiver after his first preseason game.

You can tell a lot about a player from just their build and movements.   

5 hours ago, VanS said:

I don't think commenting on a players current play is a hot take.   My take last year before the draft on Mayfield may have been a hot take.  But thus far this season most people actually agreed with me.

And most people on here are 16 year old edgelords who say crazy stuff 

10 hours ago, VanS said:

Like you actually can’t see the difference between RG3s situation (where his rookie season was 7 years ago) and bakers situation (where his rookie season was 7 games ago and he’s coming out of his slump)

9 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

His talent has never been in question - he's got elite talent at WR, I can completely see that. 

But - coming into the league - he was on a very short leash, and he's already burned through that leash. Two suspensions in a single calendar year (remember, he started the season with a four game suspension) paired up with the issues at Florida doesn't bode well for anyone looking to give him what is equivalent to a 7th chance.

It's not an issue of if he'll get in trouble, it's an issue of when he'll get in trouble. That doesn't sound too appealing for a GM.

17 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Holding someone accountable is fine. I'm talking about the repetition. Bullying is NOT single episodes of social rejection or dislike. The same goes for single acts of spite. However, when it is repeated and deliberate, it IS. I'm currently attending school to become a teacher. Kudos.

And maybe bullying was a misuse of words. Still, you guys are beating a dead horse. He was held accountable on page 1, on literally the very first post. VanS' comment about looking into his eyes has been mentioned or alluded to 16 times in this thread already, not counting responses to said allusions if they response didn't mention or allude to the comment. It's been 5 days, or, if you want to get technical, it's been 119 hours and 23 minutes. We can stop now.

I disagree with @VanS about both Callaway and Mayfield, but I'm done rubbing in his face that he was wrong. We're probably all adults here. Let's move on.

I'm not at all certain of this.....

And when someone insists on being right and cannot even admit to being wrong at all.....it's an invitation to criticism. 

• Like 2