Week 11 GDT: Broncos @ Vikings

BroncoSojia

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Jeez @AkronsWitness tell us how you really feel let it out lol. I want a better draft pick but jeez should we be on Drew Lock watch?

I do! I root for 2 teams (browns/broncos) and they both suck right now and its making the season very very miserable to watch. I basically only have Ohio St. to keep me going in football this year. I just want to watch winning football but I just dont think this week will be it.

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I basically only have Ohio St. to keep me going in football this year. I just want to watch winning football but I just dont think this week will be it.

You're two weeks away from Drew Lock it in baby . " Do or do not there is no try." YODA  patience .

Should we sign Calloway?

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

You're two weeks away from Drew Lock it in baby . " Do or do not there is no try." YODA  patience .

Should we sign Calloway?

No he is a underachiever dating all the way back to Florida. He is also about to be suspended for 10 games for another substance abuse problem--the same problem that held him out of his final year in college. He also has mediocre route running and hands. 

Who the Broncos need to go after next year is Rashard Higgins, hes the good one. Not Callaway who has Antonio Brown as his mentor.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Something about that Vikings defense at home against Brandon Allen makes me believe this could turn ugly....fast

while our defense is definitely better at home than on the road, our pass defense is probably they worst it's been since zimmer got here. our pass defense is ranked 14th by DVOA so it's more middle-of-the-pack than a shutdown secondary that you might be used to. while hunter and griffen have been having monster seasons on the edges, our interior pass rush has been bad and now that linval joseph is out it's non-existent. 

it probably won't be an easy game for brandon allen but it should be nowhere near the challenge a team like san fran or new england would present. the biggest deciding factor for allen's performance sunday will be how well he reads our blitzes. we're still very good at disguising blitzes and with our depleted pass rush recently we've been relying on them more to bring pressure.

good luck this sunday and just a pro tip: if you're playing DFS make sure you have some courtland sutton shares - our corners have been average at best (and even that might be generous) and we've been lying down for WR1's all season long. 

• Like 1

I am all for Denver adding 2 quality OL players in the offseason through FA and the draft.  But I think people need to realize that it doesn’t mean the QB is just sitting in the pocket all game untouched.  Even the best OLs in football don’t keep a QB untouched.  If a QB can’t handle pressure then they aren’t a franchise QB because being pressured is an absolute given in the NFL.

I say this while watching the Pittsburgh OL, which has been a top 10 OL for years get absolutely abused by the Cleveland front.  A few weeks ago watched the Cowboys/Saints OLs (2 of the best in the NFL) get annihilated by the opposing defense.  

Edited by germ-x

7 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I say this while watching the Pittsburgh OL, which has been a top 10 OL for years get absolutely abused by the Cleveland front.  A few weeks ago watched the Cowboys/Saints OLs (2 of the best in the NFL) get annihilated by the opposing defense

Mike Munchak dissapeared lol

14 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Mike Munchak dissapeared lol

I don’t think that is all on how good Munchak is (and he is good). These guys didn’t just fall off a cliff.  Part of it (maybe the biggest part) is the loss of Roethlisberger.  

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 1