Week 11 GDT: Broncos @ Vikings

BroncoSojia

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Serious question. Have you ever been in a fight? If somebody grabs your head and tried to twist your neck, what is your natural reaction? Your natural reaction is to go right back at that person doing it. Which Garrett did when he ripped off Rudolphs helmet.

He took it too far by swinging the helmet at him thats obvious and shameful. But Rudolph put himself in that situation. He not only instigated the brawl, but then stoked the flames by rushing after Garrett.

Its like a small kid slaps a bully and then everyones is surprised when the bully knocks the kid out. Dont poke the bear and Rudolph poked the bear, twice----then was shocked when the bear hit back even if it was stupid as hell. 

...all this and I'm still right that the late hit is what started the nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

What was the game killer this time? 

It was the holding call on the Broncos backup TE on the last drive where Lindsay rushed for 10+ yards and a 1st. There was no holding. Then it was the holding call on Kearse on the TE that they challenged that was 2 penalties (holding/PI) and neither was called. Lastly, it was Fant getting held on the final throw where the defender was CLEARLY pulling his jersey.

It was like the Vikings were allowed to mug the crap out of the Broncos on the last drive and everything was allowed but had no problem throwing the flag on extremely questionable holding calls.

• Like 1

Wow, really impressed by you guys. The Broncos were probably the better team today, your OC called the game of his career and had a great gameplan to attack the Vikings defense. You guys have really solid depth on the DL, it's hard to believe you guys are missing Chubb because you worked the IOL for the Vikings. Honestly, I was a little disappointed with Fangio with some conservative calls. Kicked a FG on the 1st drive of the game, on 4th and a short yard and then running the ball on 3rd and 7 which led to a missed FG. Thought he should've been more aggressive when the Broncos were averaging over 5 YPC.

Really hope Drew Lock pans out for you guys, no reason you can't make the post season next year if he does.

Good game.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

...all this and I'm still right that the late hit is what started the nonsense. 

It wasnt late.....at all. He might have stayed on top of him a bit too long but why did Rudolph react with trying to rip Garretts head off. Why isnt he suspended for that action? Everybody wants to be up in arms because Garrett took it too far (which he did) but nobody wants to point out the Rudolph reaction earlier that was also too far.

At what point do people get up in arms about Rudplph initially trying to screw Garretts head off his shoulders on the ground then kicking him in the balls

Edited by AkronsWitness

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

It wasnt late.....at all. He might have stayed on top of him a bit too long but why did Rudolph react with trying to rip Garretts head off. Why isnt he suspended for that action? Everybody wants to be up in arms because Garrett took it too far (which he did) but nobody wants to point out the Rudolph reaction earlier that was also too far.

Definitely was late and on a totally meaningless play so Garrett was being an idiot even before things got to a stupid level.

And I don't know, I'm not defending Mason Rudolph. Protest or something if you want. Seriously, who cares? Rudolph stinks. You should be happy you get to play him again. 

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Definitely was late and on a totally meaningless play so Garrett was being an idiot even before things got to a stupid level.

And I don't know, I'm not defending Mason Rudolph. Protest or something if you want. Seriously, who cares? Rudolph stinks. You should be happy you get to play him again. 

You have yet to say that Rudolph was guilty of anything which to me means that you support his actions. A guy tried to rip a helmet off another play, kicked him in the nuts and then rushed after a guy for a second time. Rudolph did everything is the world to put himself into position for what happened. A 3 game suspension should have been a bare minimum.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

You have yet to say that Rudolph was guilty of anything which to me means that you support his actions. A guy tried to rip a helmet off another play, kicked him in the nuts and then rushed after a guy for a second time. Rudolph did everything is the world to put himself into position for what happened. A 3 game suspension should have been a bare minimum.

Wrong. 

15 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Yeah, we're not going to blame the refs for this loss. Lol. 

You could blame the Vikings coming out flat and not playing up to their potentials in the first half?

Refs always screw us with calls   There were some in this game as well  

Edited by Torchezim
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I actually have talked about Rudolph's stupid behavior in multiple posts. More importantly though, I really don't care about this so save your passionate arguments for someone else. 

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

I actually have talked about Rudolph's stupid behavior in multiple posts. More importantly though, I really don't care about this so save your passionate arguments for someone else. 

Your the only replying...so its obvious your have your opinions as well. Keep playing the passive aggressive card 

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Right. Dont be shocked when you provoked a fight on 2 separate occasions and then get blasted.

Myles Garrett essentially used a weapon on a football field.  A football helmet weighs the same as a brick....He busted a guy full force in the head in front of millions of people with the equivalent of brick.  Trying to justify those actions is absolutely insane.  You do that on the street and you go to jail, regardless of who started it.  Ironically, had a guy I went to HS with go to jail for a few months for hitting a guy over the head with a brick in a bar fight. 

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 1