Perine

LoganF89

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

The idea that we have a top 5 overall pick at guard and still can't run the football for anything is honestly pretty hilarious 

Not really. You have to call running plays to gain yards rushing. We had 13 running plays. Gibbs did this on one drive

they don't value running,they don't practice run blocking why is anyone surprised we don't run well. Gruden is a 7 on 7 coach and needs to go to that kind of league 

We have two probowl lineman on the OL schreff and Trent Williams and Moses was good for the last two years .

OL having an early down year and maybe we can switch off Laveou but I don't think it's the run blocking i think it's just that we don't have a running back .

would Kelly start for any other team?

Just now, Dashing202 said:

Honestly I WAS THE GM I would call the titans about Derrick Henry or Coleman from the falcons and see what the price is . We easily could get one of them who seems to have a future

That's panic buying. They'd jack up the price, and if the team were stupid enough to pay, they'd deserve the draft losses.

I've said it many times, but I'll say it again: the running back is the single most fungible position. Unless you have the next Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson, don't spend much on the position. They're plenty of serviceable backs available.

Just now, Dashing202 said:

with Perine

mac brown should get a shot if anything .

Case in point: the Redskins have two backs in house that they aren't using. If Kelley isn't getting the job done, give it to one of them.

That said, I suspect none of them will worth more than donkey poo because

1. Gruden doesn't like running the ball, and
  2. The offensive line cannot run block (as it seems they don't practice it ... due to point #1)

2 hours ago, Woz said:

That's panic buying. They'd jack up the price, and if the team were stupid enough to pay, they'd deserve the draft losses.

I've said it many times, but I'll say it again: the running back is the single most fungible position. Unless you have the next Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson, don't spend much on the position. They're plenty of serviceable backs available.

Case in point: the Redskins have two backs in house that they aren't using. If Kelley isn't getting the job done, give it to one of them.

That said, I suspect none of them will worth more than donkey poo because

1. Gruden doesn't like running the ball, and
  2. The offensive line cannot run block (as it seems they don't practice it ... due to point #1)

Well let's hope 2016 passing comes this year .

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Well let's hope 2016 passing comes this year .

Let's hope we find a way to run more effectively. Let's be honest the strength of Philly is their front 7 that said we have to be able to run respectfully against those types of defense and again we didn't lol

Chris Thompson has starting talent, he's just undersized but our coaches need to get over that and use him more, particularly on outside zone, pitch plays, screens, check downs, slants, option routes and wheel routes. Thompson should have 15 touches a game, and if he does hell rack up 500 yards both rushing and receiving or more.

12 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Also off topic but why is breeland returning kicks? Shouldn't s a guy like Thompson do that or Crowder 

Breeland & Thompson are our kick off returners. I wouldn't mind Crowder doing that as well as return punts but I'm not sure why he doesn't.

3 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

One coach is a borderline Hall of Famer (though I would argue outside looking in at this point). The other has a job solely due to his older brother's success running the team Tony Dungy built 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Gruden is going to be out of a job after this season. If the tumble starts now he may not even make it out of the first half of the season. 

45% chance they fail to lose to the Rams.

25% chance they fail to lose to the Raiders.

0% chance they fail to lose to the Chiefs.

So 0-4 is 55% * 75% * 100% or 41.25% for 0-4, or close to my 40% rough estimate earlier. 33.75% 1-3 via the Rams, 13.75% 1-3 via the Raiders (47.5% total), or 11.25% 2-2 via both.

Surprisingly close to my 10/50/40 prediction earlier (that was more off the cuff).

We might lose but the games will be close if our D plays well ..Rams are one of the weaker teams we play this season as of now and we play the raiders at home .. KC will be close but I feel will pull of a W due to homefield advantage .

I see a losing record tho if the offense doesn't even for the slightest improve .

Archived