TNF: Steelers at Browns

BleedTheClock

Just now, The LBC said:

In a way, I kind of doubt it unless they want to escalate the pettiness of all this.  Baker, whether you like him or not, actually handled this well and was blunt, not sugarcoating the expectation that Garrett was going to be suspended for this - not trying to equivocate or justify it or play the "well, they did some bad stuff too" card.  Hilariously, there are people on Twitter trying to bury Baker for not deflecting and not taking up for his "DPOTY" teammate.

that wasn't meant to be a shade against Mayfield, however as fan of an AFCN rival of the Steelers i am well aware they USED to not take any ish and vice versa came back hard as a group on anybody trying stuff like that. i know i would expect my team to do so tbh.

Mayfield as the QB of the opposing team tonight will feel the heat.Tthey can't lay it on Garrett so who's next in line really.

4 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Yeah I agree. Refs are going to have a very tight leash on the next game. I think what might be more of a issue will be next year and someone on the Steelers OL deciding to take our Garrets knees 

TBF, you don't waste a starting OL on that - much as they might want to be the one to do it - that's what fullback's are for.;)  Maybe they bring back Kimo "The Palmer Steamroller" von Oelhoffen for one game.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

True, though there are a number of precedents that could be applicable in this case, so they've got several to pick from: Haynesworth, Suh kicking the GB OL (I forget his name, it had a hyphen in it) in the balls after a play was over, realistically they could even go to some of the stuff Burfict did after the whistle (even though that stuff was never head contact, even the Andre Johnson/midget-corner-from-Tennessee-whose-name-I-never-remember brawl.

Edit: Cortland Finnegan.  His name was Cortland Finnegan.  I finally remembered!

Ha, I remember Johnson wailing on Finnegan. Looked it up and there was no suspension (outside the ejections) in that case and I'm fine with that.

9 minutes ago, The LBC said:

In a way, I kind of doubt it unless they want to escalate the pettiness of all this.  Baker, whether you like him or not, actually handled this well and was blunt, not sugarcoating the expectation that Garrett was going to be suspended for this - not trying to equivocate or justify it or play the "well, they did some bad stuff too" card.  Hilariously, there are people on Twitter trying to bury Baker for not deflecting and not taking up for his "DPOTY" teammate.

Naw he handle that super wrong. And players are already calling him out in Twitter about it. 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Mayfield earned a lot of respect tonight imo with his post game comments. 

I have dogged him for talking so much but this is one time where when he did talk, he said what anyone shouldve said. He spoke honest and critical of Garrett.

Got to protect the endorsement money from those 5000 commercials

I'm joking. I don't even know what Mayfield said.

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Browns:

Garrett with the late-ish sack

Garrett ripping off a helmet and hitting Rudolph in the head

Ogunboji shoves Mason to the ground

Steelers:

Rudolph attempts to rip off Garretts helmet and later charges him

Pouncy throws multiple blows

Pouncy kicks Garrett in the helmet as he is pinned down by DeCastro

Here is what I think the punishment will be:

Garrett for the season

Pouncy for 4 games

Ogunboji and Rudolph get fines

Pouncy shouldnt get anything imo

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Browns:

Garrett with the late-ish sack

Garrett ripping off a helmet and hitting Rudolph in the head

Ogunboji shoves Mason to the ground

Steelers:

Rudolph attempts to rip off Garretts helmet and later charges him

Pouncy throws multiple blows

Pouncy kicks Garrett in the helmet as he is pinned down by DeCastro

Here is what I think the punishment will be:

Garrett for the season

Pouncy for 4 games

Ogunboji and Rudolph get fines

I could see the NFL drawing out the process on Garrett, keeping him on the exempt list for the rest of the season while they "determine the right action " and suspending him for the 2020 season