Yikes.

mwalker

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

Rudolph is not a NFL QB.  it has been on show all season.  Akman mentioned it last night.  He is too heavy footed in the pocket.  Can't move and does not make quick decisions.

Second year guy.... thrown to the wolves... no support.  No playmakers around him.  Forced into a leadership role.

48 minutes ago, kurgan said:

Second year guy.... thrown to the wolves... no support.  No playmakers around him.  Forced into a leadership role.

No pocket awareness, bad feet mechanics, doesnt step away from traffic, cannot read a defense quickly, wont pull the trigger on NFL windows. 

Both things can be true. He can be in a terrible situation AND also be playing terrible. 

18 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

No pocket awareness, bad feet mechanics, doesnt step away from traffic, cannot read a defense quickly, wont pull the trigger on NFL windows. 

Both things can be true. He can be in a terrible situation AND also be playing terrible. 

Total agreement.  I think this is where we are, and DC's are figuring Young Mason out.

3 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

I will start off saying I don’t think Rudolph is the future

I am on the other side... I am not convinced he IS the future, I am just not convinced that he is NOT.  It is tough to evaluate how a guy is really built when you are put into an enviroment like last night.

2 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I don't think he wasn't saying that's a problem but more even with those the playcalling isn't great.  Both things can be properly evaluated at the same time.

Like:  Having the game plan be to give added help to Fieler, who has been really good this year, but none to AV who has struggled is a terrible OC decision.  Yes we can make comments about Rudolph's pocket awareness, but when the blind side is collapsing that much that fast, you start to hear things that aren't there and false move.

I think there are all kinds of issues on offense. Rudolph can't and shouldn't be expected to carry
us with all the other problems. But I agree, I don't think he's the future. I do think he'll be decent
or even a great back up though.

The bigger issues - an o-line that is showing cracks (Pouncey especially), a non existent running
game with no speed, and a receiving core that can't separate and is dropping too many passes...
not to mention a lack of talent at TE. That's all more worrying for me. In a draft with not much capital (no
I don't regret trading a one for Minkah) and not much cap room, I'm a bit worried about the next couple years.

I think we should trade Pouncey for draft picks. Keep Finney. Cut Foster. And maybe cut McDonald.
And then we need to rebuild (or re-arm more accurately) in some way and add more playmaking speed to this unit.

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

We do not owe Randy an apology he is part I'd the problem. His playcalling is pathetic.

fans would throw snow at fichner at home games, get him out of there somehow.  Duck should get a shot now but it won't happen unless Mason gets suspended.  At least we will finally get pouncey off the field, maybe we will be able to run the ball again as a result? Will Finney be playing C?

On 11/15/2019 at 1:26 PM, kurgan said:

Just like Kyle Allen?  Like Daniel Jones?  Like Brandon Allen?  Like Gardner Minshew?

Some Qbs have it and some do not. Josh Rosen does not have it.  Haskins may not have it.  I do not think Rudolph has it.

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1