What to do about Myles Garrett

RaidersAreOne

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why?

Rudolph threw a temper tantrum and committed a dirty play.

He just ended up being a victim of another way crazier way dirtier action that he provoked. 

I hope you never set somebody off (whether it’s an argument or whatever) and you get struck with something. Don’t ever provoke anyone then. No matter how big or small right 

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not when you were trying to shove his head into the ground on a clean play Mason?

Not when your helmet was off and you decided to go shove the guy who was already engaged with another man because your feelings were hurt about being made look weak?

+++

What Garrett did was inexcusable, but Rudolph needs to shut the hell up. 

It wasnt a clean play. Myles took him down well after the pass and pushed him further into the turf. I'd want words with Myles too.

None of Mason's actions warrants what Myles did.

People equivocating in defense of Myles using Mason's rightful anger at him is pretty interesting.

It's like saying "My neighbor yelled at me. So naturally I can hit him in the head with a brick."

• Like 9

Garrett's subsequent contrition will probably spare him a full season, if only on appeal.

This is Goodell's NFL.
They are very much concerned with safety and how it is perceived by the public.
They want kids to play football.
This is as bad as the Ray Rice incident to the brand.

I amend my comment.
16 games, reduced to 12, not 10.
Well, maybe still 10.
Nothing less.

• Like 1

Just now, Bassomatic said:

Watch the entire goddamn play. Mason Rudolph got rid of the ball, and Myles Garrett took him to the ground long after the ball was gone. Rudolph was, in fact, reacting to the unnecessary roughness by Garrett. Garrett's reaction to Rudolph's reaction was way out of line.

I don't understand how everyone is saying watch the video acting like we are just looking at a box score....

I've seen the video....I've agreed that Garrett did not need to take him down like that; but being taken down the way he did, did nothing but hurt Rudolph's ego seeing as he had a terrible night. This is football...there are rough plays and players get mad when the rough plays are against them...but when said rough plays doesn't cause any sort of injury other than damage to the ego, it does not justify that player retaliating the way Rudolph did....hell, I would even been ok with him just trying to rip Garrett's helmet off and stopping there. But, the dude's ego made him keep going even after his linemen separated him and Garrett.

All I'm saying is people need to stop acting like Rudolph was innocent, he did not warrant being hit in the head with his own helmet, but dude should of just stopped once  his linemen separated him from Garrett.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why?

He just ended up being a victim of another way crazier way dirtier action that he provoked. 

Myles started the issue.

You justifying his actions because of what Mason did is like saying "I shot him because he poked me"

• Like 5

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Garrett didn't take him to the ground violently. And he couldn't see that the ball was gone. No flag was delivered on the play, nor should there have been.

I agree that Garrett overreacted. Rudolph started it and Garrett finished it with an insanely reactionary aggression.

If it had ended with him violently ripping off Mason's helmet, that would be one thing. Trying to smash his head with his helmet is aggravated assault.

He shouldn't be suspended... He should be arrested and charged with a felony. And before you claim I'm being bias, I would say the same thing if any Steeler player did the same thing. ******* disgusting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why?

Lol. Yes Mason was at wrong for getting tackled well after the ball was thrown. Yes it's his fault his helmet came off by Myles ripping it off. Yes he was at wrong for being shoved from behind to the ground when standing there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Justwinning said:

I hope you never set somebody off (whether it’s an argument or whatever) and you get struck with something. Don’t ever provoke anyone then. No matter how big or small right 

My best recommendation to anybody here is to not start a fight. It is possible for both players to be in the wrong, even if Garrett was more in the wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If it had ended with him violently ripping off Mason's helmet, that would be one thing. Trying to smash his head with his helmet is aggravated assault.

He shouldn't be suspended... He should be arrested and charged with a felony. And before you claim I'm being bias, I would say the same thing if any Steeler player did the same thing. ******* disgusting.

Players in the Brawl at the Palace all were charged. Myles deserves to be. 

None of them were banned for life, and that was infinitely worse.

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

It wasnt a clean play. Myles took him down well after the pass and pushed him further into the turf. I'd want words with Myles too.

None of Mason's actions warrants what Myles did.

People equivocating in defense of Myles using Mason's rightful anger at him is pretty interesting.

It's like saying "My neighbor yelled at me. So naturally I can hit him in the head with a brick."

Lets not pretend Garrett’s tackle was dirty... that’s just absurd.

1 minute ago, Onizuka said:

I don't understand how everyone is saying watch the video acting like we are just looking at a box score....

I've seen the video....I've agreed that Garrett did not need to take him down like that; but being taken down the way he did, did nothing but hurt Rudolph's ego seeing as he had a terrible night. This is football...there are rough plays and players get mad when the rough plays are against them...but when said rough plays doesn't cause any sort of injury other than damage to the ego, it does not justify that player retaliating the way Rudolph did....hell, I would even been ok with him just trying to rip Garrett's helmet off and stopping there. But, the dude's ego made him keep going even after his linemen separated him and Garrett.

All I'm saying is people need to stop acting like Rudolph was innocent, he did not warrant being hit in the head with his own helmet, but dude should of just stopped once  his linemen separated him from Garrett.

And had Garrett let Mason do that, Mason gets a flag and a fine. Instead Garrett should be suspended indefinitely.

"It's a violent game" is not a justification for any violence. And certainly not justification for what Garrett did.

Guy who retaliates, always gets hit with the laundry and fines