What to do about Myles Garrett

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If it had ended with him violently ripping off Mason's helmet, that would be one thing. Trying to smash his head with his helmet is aggravated assault.

He shouldn't be suspended... He should be arrested and charged with a felony. And before you claim I'm being bias, I would say the same thing if any Steeler player did the same thing. ******* disgusting.

Meh....I don't know if I agree with that. That seems like a gross overreaction to be honest.

Pouncey was stomping on the head of a downed player. That could be felonious assault too.

I don't think either guy deserves jail time for this.

Garrett will eat whatever suspension he gets, but jail seems a little harsh to me.

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

It wasnt a clean play. Myles took him down well after the pass and pushed him further into the turf. I'd want words with Myles too.

None of Mason's actions warrants what Myles did.

People equivocating in defense of Myles using Mason's rightful anger at him is pretty interesting.

It's like saying "My neighbor yelled at me. So naturally I can hit him in the head with a brick."

Clean enough the ref didn't throw a flag in the QB protection happy NFL.

Nobody is saying that what Mason did warranted what Myles did. Nobody is defending Myles. 

The comparison is, Mason was annoyed that Myles was cutting his grass at 7:30 am on a Saturday so Mason threw a rock at him. Myles responded by pulling out an AR-15 and taking a shot at him.

We all know that trying to shoot your neighbor is out of hand and deserving of punishment. But we all also know that you shouldn't be throwing a rock at your neighbor. 

2 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Players in the Brawl at the Palace all were charged. Myles deserves to be. 

None of them were banned for life, and that was infinitely worse.

They fought fans outside of the field/court of play.

EDIT: Except maybe Jermaine O'Neal. IIRC, he punched a fan running towards him on the court. And frankly, he shouldn't have been charged for that.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

There's a reoccurring trend in Steelers divisional games where the other teams feel as though they get, let's say, roughed up a little bit by the Steelers and feel as though the refs don't do anything about it. And then the other coach and team talk up how they need to match the "intensity," and then they go way across any line and end up doing something stupid. The Ravens have been pretty good at keeping it in check, but mainly because they could never quite figure  out how to take out Hines Ward. It wasn't for a lack of trying.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Myles started the issue.

You justifying his actions because of what Mason did is like saying "I shot him because he poked me"

You're arguing with someone who writes it off as soft because "helmets are bad weapons". 

Don't waste your breath.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Lol. Yes Mason was at wrong for getting tackled well after the ball was thrown. Yes it's his fault his helmet came off by Myles ripping it off. Yes he was at wrong for being shoved from behind to the ground when standing there.

He was in the wrong for trying to shove Myles head into the ground after a hit that wasn't flagged.

He was in the wrong for shoving Myles while Myles was already engaged with another player.

At least acknowledge those two points. 

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Meh....I don't know if I agree with that. That seems like a gross overreaction to be honest.

Pouncey was stomping on the head of a downed player. That could be felonious assault too.

I don't think either guy deserves jail time for this.

Garrett will eat whatever suspension he gets, but jail seems a little harsh to me.

Pouncey is a scumbag too.  Suspend him.

He didnt try to bludgeon a helmetless player with a blunt object.  

Youre a smart guy....you have to see the difference.

7 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I hope you never set somebody off (whether it’s an argument or whatever) and you get struck with something. Don’t ever provoke anyone then. No matter how big or small right 

I'll try not to shove people's heads into the ground? Probably helps avoid these problems. 

Garrett was just being extra with his hit on Rudolph even before he hit Rudolph's skull as hard as he could with his helmet, and #65 whoever that is had a really unnecessary shove at the end too. Just awful all around. 

Edited by 49ersfan