Jump to content
Mind Character

Take-Aways & Analysis of Play + Coaching from Steelers Game (Non-Garrett Talk)

Recommended Posts

This whole thing reminds me of the friend who likes to get too drunk and talk ish and start fights and then gets mad when you don’t jump into his nonsense with him.

It’s like, I’m with ya buddy, but only to a point.  I’m not catching a case because you are an idiot.

Baker seemed to support Myles, but he’s not gonna condone the actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

This, or we just got a big win Heather (or whatever her name is) I just want to enjoy our accomplishment.

Out of likes, but yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There has to be some accountability for this stuff though.

Garrett hurt the team with this.  We had 3 ejections last night.  That hurts the team.

At some point someone has to stop defending the behavior and say enough is enough.

There is, and there will be, we should be concerned with keeping our ship stable, not stir up the current.

Agree with the ejections, I think we are trying to be overly tough and its backfiring

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

There is, and there will be, we should be concerned with keeping our ship stable, not stir up the current.

Agree with the ejections, I think we are trying to be overly tough and its backfiring

 

Not gonna lie though, it beats the pants off being on the other end of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not gonna lie though, it beats the pants off being on the other end of it.

for once, we talked about this all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At some point someone has to stop defending the behavior and say enough is enough.

But then how will people be able to keep blaming Baker for poor team culture? You're leaving us no options here. 

-Exasperated in California

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

But then how will people be able to keep blaming Baker for poor team culture? You're leaving us no options here. 

-Exasperated in California

Lol there’s always Freddie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

There is, and there will be, we should be concerned with keeping our ship stable, not stir up the current.

Agree with the ejections, I think we are trying to be overly tough and its backfiring

 

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not gonna lie though, it beats the pants off being on the other end of it.

 

24 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

for once, we talked about this all the time.

Hmm. 🤔 Kinda disagree here. Seems to be at this point that part of being a Browns player or a Browns fan is accepting the reality that whether we are the Mason Rudolph or the Myles Garrett in this altercation, the media would turn it against us.

The simple analogy that most would agree with is that if it was the end of the game that the Steelers beat us and Baker went to the ground with TJ Watt, talking ish in Watt's face and this all went down, there would be a bunch of talk, from a lot of folks in this forum too, about how it's more signs that Baker was the wrong pick and is a punk.

There would be every angle imaginable shown on ESPN of the nut kick--which would be jokingly for years be referred to as Nutgate (TM), and everyone in the media would endlessly be taking a **** on the Browns--and a couple of punches and the initial starting it by pulling on TJ Watt's helmet while being protected by Greg Robinson (though he would have been a turnstile for Watt) and cursing in his face or whatever it was that is alleged.

Baker and Watt would have been thrown out together at that moment and it would have been a slap on the wrist for both in order to virtue signal that all guilty parties were punished for their transgressions--only one would be endlessly obliterated by the media until the NFL fanbase would parrot their narrative about that cowardly punk Baker Mayfield who bit off more than he could chew, just like when he ran from the cops. Repeat offender.

Every media outlet would be talking about the garbage culture at the Browns. This seems almost uncontestable at this point that this is exactly how it would go down, which says a lot. So f*** 'em.

Embrace the heel.

Edited by NudeTayne
Mind does it. So can Tayne. So can you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple things I would point out.....it looks like Hodge will step up in Callway';s place.

Sione TakiTaki got to play some last night and looked very good vs the run. Mack Wilson is going to become a baller...had some GREAT pass break ups yesterday.

Baker is getting is betting, those contested throw's to Carlson and Hunt, show's he's getting his mojo back

Chad Thomas looks like he's coming around....3 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack and 1 dropped INT.....he balled out last night...and Just when I think Joe Scho will go, he plays like a man possessed with an Unclean Spirit LOL (DPOW for the NFL 10 tkls, 2 TFL, 1 sack, 2 INT's and 4 PD's).....Tae Davis the LB we got from the Giants has been a monster on ST's....

Our Defensive backfield is DEEP and pretty good. Morgan Burnett held UP in coverage last night...and this Burris kid just KEEPS making plays everytime he has to sub in due to injury, a sack and a pick. Sheldrick Redwine did not look lost....but our CB's held up niceley after randle got ejected (BAD EJECTION IMO).

Another week, no turnovers...thats 3 in a row.....coaches are cleaning up the TO's. We also played a solid game penalty wise except for that one drive in the 3rd quarter and the last 8 seconds of the game.

And last but not least......Austin Sibert...that was your "Yip's" game....you were 16-16 before tonight...now your 16-18....get back on track.

Edited by DaWg_LB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Another week, no turnovers...thats 3 in a row.....coaches are cleaning up the TO's. 

That can’t be true, Freddie isn’t allowed to receive credit for positives, only blame for negatives.

Please revise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Samesies. Minds got some kind of weird hate of Baker, that’s why Greg and Hubbard had the best games of their lives. 

Head Detective Derp Derp has solved the case. If that's what the Derp Derps then that must be Derp

200.webp?cid=790b7611d7e4d16b67a271b801f

" Listen up Rookie..... Bonanza-Derp is the best damn Derp we've had on the Derp force in derp. Yeah he's strange, rough around the Derp, and generally doesn't know Derp, but there's not a harder working Derp on FF-Derp and I'm damn proud to call him part of the DERP DERP. Keep your eyes open and some of his expert derp might rub off on you if your derp. Now, get the derp out of here and don't come back here until you've cracked the derp....  oh and rookie... make sure you derp before you derp"

(Somber saxophone plays in the distance as the Derps derp about the tough breaks of the hard to crack Derp)...

Edited by Mind Character

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Couple things I would point out.....it looks like Hodge will step up in Callway';s place.

Sione TakiTaki got to play some last night and looked very good vs the run. Mack Wilson is going to become a baller...had some GREAT pass break ups yesterday.

Baker is getting is betting, those contested throw's to Carlson and Hunt, show's he's getting his mojo back

Chad Thomas looks like he's coming around....3 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack and 1 dropped INT.....he balled out last night...and Just when I think Joe Scho will go, he plays like a man possessed with an Unclean Spirit LOL (DPOW for the NFL 10 tkls, 2 TFL, 1 sack, 2 INT's and 4 PD's).....Tae Davis the LB we got from the Giants has been a monster on ST's....

Our Defensive backfield is DEEP and pretty good. Morgan Burnett held UP in coverage last night...and this Burris kid just KEEPS making plays everytime he has to sub in due to injury, a sack. Sheldrick Redwine did not look lost....but our CB's held up niceley after randle got ejected (BAD EJECTION IMO).

Another week, no turnovers...thats 3 in a row.....coaches are cleaning up the TO's. We also played a solid game penalty wise except for that one drive in the 3rd quarter and the last 8 seconds of the game.

Out of likes but well said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Head Detective Derp Derp has solved the case. If that's what the Derp Derps then that must be Derp

200.webp?cid=790b7611d7e4d16b67a271b801f

" Listen up Rookie..... Bonanza-Derp is the best damn Derp we've had on the Derp force in derp. Yeah he's strange, rough around the Derp, and generally doesn't know Derp, but there's not a harder working Derp on FF-Derp and I'm damn proud to call him part of the DERP DERP. Keep your eyes open and some of his expert derp might rub off on you if your derp. Now, get the derp out of here and don't come back here until you've cracked the derp....  oh and rookie... make sure you derp before you derp"

(Somber saxophone plays in the distance as the Derps derp about the tough breaks of the hard to crack Derp)...

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they’re gonna resign hunt and Schubert and hunt will be paid like a 3rd receiver/top tier rb and will be worth it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×