The Myles Garrett incident

Webmaster

6 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Your law is derived fro ours, but I appreciate they are not the same. But over here there is no way someone gets prosecuted for any of that. Offsetting crimes.

You could be. In our law, they take the following into consideration with self-defenCe;

was the use of force necessary in the circumstances, i.e. Was there a need for any force at all?; and

was the force used reasonable in the circumstances?

So, depends...

Just now, warfelg said:

What part of the tweet has no point?  People have been charged with assault for hitting people in the head with a brick no?  It's putting context to how much a helmet weight to understand how much force could have been behind that.

A body pillow weighs more than 5 pounds. If Mason Rudolph got hit in the head with a body pillow, would that qualify as assault with a deadly weapon?

No, it'd qualify as adorable. Because the weight of an object isn't related to how deadly it is.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Holy crap, the overreaction to this is awesome. Listen, he is going to get a suspension and a hefty one at that. Well earned. This nonsense about criminal charges, etc. it’s just talk and this will blow over whenever he eventually comes back.

I could see if he wasnt egged on and it was just out of no where they Could maybe even think about criminal charges but with how everything went down. No way in hell charges should even be talked about. Just kiss the rest of the season good bye and the franchise records he could have set

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Guys, the point of that tweet wasn't to frame anything bad or anything like that, it's putting context for people that want to say that there won't be criminal charges.

That’s not context, it’s swapping out the helmet for a brick so people can imagine like this was a murder attempt outside a bar and forget it happened on a football field between two willing combatants 

If there are criminal charges, it won’t be because a helmet weight about the same as a brick. that has nothing to do with anything 

• Like 1

Myles should get a lengthy suspension and 6 games/the rest of the season is appropriate.

That said, I think it's hilarious to see Pittsburgh fans that cheered and had signatures of Harrison's cheap shot hit that ended Mohammed Massaquoi's career, cheered for AB's kick to the face of a punter, defended Harrison's cheap shot hit that ended Colt McCoy's season, and defended Hines Ward's cheap shot blindside hits on Keith Rivers and Ed Reed crying the blues and calling for things like a 22 game suspension and career suspensions.

Be consistent is all that I ask. It's hilarious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The amount of fake outrage in society is so unfortunate, where was all of this outrage when all of these same things happened to the Browns? So we happened to so something dirty back there is a national outcry, I call bs. It was provoked, Rudolph was wrong, he deserves ridicule, Garrett took way overboard and deserves what he gets but this fake outrage has to stop.

Ok Harrison was fined heavily, and suspended (overturned) for those hits.  Brown was fined for that action.

The Harrison hits also brought about this rule change.  

But honestly....are you trying to equate hits to the helmet on the field with using a helmet as a weapon in terms of outrage levels?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

So you're saying the punishment is diminished because no one got hurt?

Big media outrage + small infraction = Big penalty

Small media outrage + big infraction = small penalty

I predict 4 games for Garrett and Pouncey reduced to 2 and fines for everyone else.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Myles should get a lengthy suspension and 6 games/the rest of the season is appropriate.

That said, I think it's hilarious to see Pittsburgh fans that cheered and had signatures of Harrison's cheap shot hit that ended Mohammed Massaquoi's career, cheered for AB's kick to the face of a punter, defended Harrison's cheap shot hit that ended Colt McCoy's season, and defended Hines Ward's cheap shot blindside hits on Keith Rivers and Ed Reed crying the blues and calling for things like a 22 game suspension and career suspensions.

Be consistent is all that I ask. It's hilarious.

Ah yes, things that happend as part of the game that cause rules changes is the same as using a helmet as a weapon.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The amount of fake outrage in society is so unfortunate, where was all of this outrage when all of these same things happened to the Browns? So we happened to so something dirty back there is a national outcry, I call bs. It was provoked, Rudolph was wrong, he deserves ridicule, Garrett took way overboard and deserves what he gets but this fake outrage has to stop.

lt6.jpg

james-harrison-colt-mccoy.jpg

harrison-on-cribbs1.jpg

1410168765000-usp-nfl_-cleveland-browns-

bilde.jpg

First of all. The Steeler fans were very critical of James Harrisions constant helmet to helmets.

AB, I still maintain, as I saw it live, he was trying to leap over the Punter and it went very very wrong.

James Harrison got fined and suspended for his repeated actions and it was deserved. As for the one with the Lions player, I dont recall it so I cant speak on it, is that Suh? If so, people have already talked about Suh in here.

Here is the thing... Garrett's actions are unlike anything we have seen before. It's worse than anything we have seen before, imo.

• Like 1