The Myles Garrett incident

Webmaster

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

Yeah I'm sure Rudolph screamed a racial slur right next to several other black guys on his own team.

Well Rudolph is pretty dumb so you have no idea. Proof, you see some of those passes he threw last night...

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The amount of fake outrage in society is so unfortunate, where was all of this outrage when all of these same things happened to the Browns? So we happened to so something dirty back there is a national outcry, I call bs. It was provoked, Rudolph was wrong, he deserves ridicule, Garrett took way overboard and deserves what he gets but this fake outrage has to stop.

My friend, let me point you to a video of the incident last night. 

Now please show me when this same thing happened to the poor poor Browns.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

No way Pouncey gets the same punishment as Garrett and he shouldnt. What Pouncey did is NOT worse than Garrett nor is it as bad. It's not even as bad as Haynesworths incident. Haynesworth stomped on someone not even wearing a helmet did he not? Caused actual injury.

I could see Pouncey getting suspended the next 2 games. If Pouncey is gone the rest of the season, its probably a safe bet that it means Garrett doesnt play in 2020 either 

I agree that what Pouncey did wasn’t as bad. And if he only gets 2 or 3 games, I don’t think anyone will blink and eye. However, he was kicking and punching a player who was being held down. The NFL comes down hard on those types of incidents. He was defending his teammate so we will see. 

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The amount of fake outrage in society is so unfortunate, where was all of this outrage when all of these same things happened to the Browns? So we happened to so something dirty back there is a national outcry, I call bs. It was provoked, Rudolph was wrong, he deserves ridicule, Garrett took way overboard and deserves what he gets but this fake outrage has to stop.

Those head shots are probably worse than what Garrett did, but I think people are accustomed to seeing those hits. They're desensitized in a way. The Garrett play is rare for people to see, and on top of that it was outside of the play. Not surprised at the outrage TBH.

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Here is the point I personally was making earlier.

If Garrett hits Rudolph with the crown of the helmet (the hardest part of the helmet) we are likely having a very different conversation entirely, a worse conversation. He still wouldnt have killed him imo, but an injury most likely would've occurred. 

Theres a bit of a difference between hitting someone with a brick and hitting someone with the base of a helmet. In this situation, the brick would be worse.

Especially the corner because it’s pointy. Ouchie 

Just now, SDotNova said:

I agree that what Pouncey did wasn’t as bad. And if he only gets 2 or 3 games, I don’t think anyone will blink and eye. However, he was kicking and punching a player who was being held down. The NFL comes down hard on those types of incidents. He was defending his teammate so we will see. 

I agree I'm not going to lie. I appreciate his reaction to Garrett's actions. It doesnt make it right and I'm not celebrating it. But he is going to battle for his QB.

I think with a rematch coming up, you almost have to suspend him at least 2 games, keep his emotions out of the rematch.. 

I've said it already in this thread. I think our whole OL, Mason, Larry O, and Garrett all get fines on top of any suspensions handed out.

It wouldn't shock me if the teams got a collective fine as well

• Like 2