Roses are red

This thread is dead 

I got out my bed

Webby please lock this thread

A Reindeer traveled Miles and was hit in the head 

Why do people wear Keds

Report this Brontosaurus to the feds

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Ah yes, things that happend as part of the game that cause rules changes is the same as using a helmet as a weapon.

You’ve been rational and levelheaded in this thread and I appreciate that, but shoving the crown of your helmet under a dude’s chin when he isn’t expecting it is also using it as a “weapon” to inflict damage.

And a jump kick to a punter’s face isn’t “part of the game”.

The hypocrisy of Steelers fans (not saying you specifically) cheering for a half dozen dirty players over the years only to come clutch the pearls in here is what some of us find amusing. 

52 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If reaction justifies assult then garrett is partially clean, the instigator on multiple occassikns was rudolph. 

But Garrett reaction DOESN'T justify his assault. He escalated the situation significantly by removing and swinging a helmet.

Had he pulled and jostled at the facemask like Rudolph did, he would have reacted in a justifiable way. He took that pull/jostle and escalated the situation by removing the helmet - just removing Rudolph's helmet was an escalation of events. We're not even talking about the swing, the swing pushes the escalation much further. The only way Pouncey can escalate beyond that is if he tried to cut him at the knee and blow his knee (and livelihood) out. THAT would put Pouncey on an unforgivable level - trying to deliberately ruin Garrett's career.

I cannot stand Pouncey, but he's not in the wrong on this one. He met an escalation with the same level that Myles Garrett took it too (if anything, taking him down and throwing a few punches to a fully padded Garrett is actually pretty tame).

• Like 7

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Roses are red,
And also have thorns
Rudolph messed with the bull
And then got the horns.

Nice. I'm happy with the injection of jokes and poetry. I'm workshopping the name, but I'm thinking either pokes or joems.

Has to be pokes I think.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Roses are red,
And also have thorns
Rudolph messed with the bull
And then got the horns.

Myles, oh Myles...

How you make them into turnstyles..

You should have just walked away...

To beat the Steelers again another day....

OK I'm done.

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Ok Harrison was fined heavily, and suspended (overturned) for those hits.  Brown was fined for that action.

The Harrison hits also brought about this rule change.  

But honestly....are you trying to equate hits to the helmet on the field with using a helmet as a weapon in terms of outrage levels?

A sin is a sin

A brutal act is a brutal act, you're trying to make one bigger to support your narrative

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’ve been rational and levelheaded in this thread and I appreciate that, but shoving the crown of your helmet under a dude’s chin when he isn’t expecting it is also using it as a “weapon” to inflict damage.

And a jump kick to a punter’s face isn’t “part of the game”.

The hypocrisy of Steelers fans (not saying you specifically) cheering for a half dozen dirty players over the years only to come clutch the pearls in here is what some of us find amusing. 

No, I'm not saying that those things are ok.  But if you want to say where was the outrage from those hits, I would be more accepting if only the Burnette and Randle  hits happened and we were calling for long suspensions.

What Garrett did though was outside the realm of a play happening.  And that's why the outrage to it happens.