The Myles Garrett incident

Webmaster

22 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yikes

Meh it's a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things, it'll hurt now but Garrett has 30.5 sacks in his first 35 games. He's been friggin' brilliant up to this moment of madness.

He's gonna earn top dollar in 2 seasons when his rookie deal is up much like Aaron Donald or Khalil Mack.

The 1M may sting a little now, but when he's probably getting 50M+ garunteed it won't matter, and if the Browns don't give him that deal in a couple of years, someone else will if he returns next season sacking QB's at the rate he's done up till now.

Edited by Magnifico

37 minutes ago, warfelg said:

No, that's an example of isolated incident.  NE is usually one of the least penalized teams.  Browns right now is the MOST penalized in multiple categories, and this is an extending example of what can only be described as a culture issue within the building that does not discourage these types of actions strong enough.

Agree.  It's as if people have already forgotten that Greg "Kill the Head" Williams was Garrett's defensive coordinator for Garrett's first two years in the league and interim HC for 8 games last season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Does it even get to that in Texas? Anything below 70 is a polar vortex to them, right?

I've been in snowy conditions in both Arizona and New Mexico, so I have to believe that the climate wouldn't shift so severely going laterally to Texas that it wouldn't be at least possible.

• Like 1

So, I wasn't sure what thread to ask this in, so it's going in both:

I'm seeing a lot of "Mason should be suspended because he could have broken Garrett's neck".  (1) That's going to take A LOT of force, right?, and (2) Garrett ended up actually pulling off Mason's helmet, so why isn't that being talked about it in the same way?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I'm seeing a lot of "Mason should be suspended because he could have broken Garrett's neck".  (1) That's going to take A LOT of force, right?, and (2) Garrett ended up actually pulling off Mason's helmet, so why isn't that being talked about it in the same way?

Garrett's neck was never in danger of being broken, facemasks during tackles carry far more force than what Mason could do while laying down like that and they don't break necks.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I really don't know.

He attempted to rip a helmet off - that's not cool. He could have had injuries, but a broken neck seems welllll too strong.

Swinging a helmet hard onto someone's head could have caused serious problems for Mason. It's lucky for both it hit the way it did. 

There is little to no comparison between the two, even though both are in wrong (but different degrees. Garrett worse).

• Like 2

Fines and suspensions were pretty much as expected. Kudos for the fast response from the league.

Myles should be back next year if he manages to stay out of trouble. As bad as it was, players have returned from much worse incidents. 

Edited by kramxel
  • Like 1