The Myles Garrett incident

Webmaster

Just now, TomRalph said:

eg. Murder vs Attempted Murder.

Yes, you do get 'bonus points' for better aim.

The comment chain was about ripping off a helmet and swinging it though. TroyB said it had not been done in modern NFL. I was showing that it had. 

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

The comment chain was about ripping off a helmet and swinging it though. TroyB said it had not been done in modern NFL. I was showing that it had. 

And my statement may still stand true if Incognito doesn't get hit with the helmet, nor is this a got damn competition. I'm merely stating the precedent for hitting someone in the head with a helmet hasn't been set because we haven't seen it.

And in the clip you showed, it was people being suspended for preseason games which would never fly with today's media outrage. A lot of people are talking about precedent. I'm saying there is none. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not following. You're saying the punishment for Garrett is the same if Rudolph is knocked out cold? 

Highly skeptical of that

It should be the same as if he were knocked out cold. Hitting someone in the head is still hitting someone in the head whether they die or not. 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

It should be the same as if he were knocked out cold. Hitting someone in the head is still hitting someone in the head whether they die or not. 

That's not at all how the NFL works. Punishment in the NFL is only an extension of how bad it makes the league look. That's why punishments are stiffer when you get caught on video doing something stupid.

If Rudolph drops, this looks so much worse. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's not at all how the NFL works. Punishment in the NFL is only an extension of how bad it makes the league look. That's why punishments are stiffer when you get caught on video doing something stupid.

If Rudolph drops, this looks so much worse. 

I'm confused. There is a clear video of a grown man swinging and hitting another in the bare head with a helmet and you don't think this makes them look awful? There is already media backlash about what kind of suspension he should get. Sure, it looks worse but I don't think they're going to need any added motivation to drop a hammer on Garrett for this. This wasn't a 1pm game against Tampa Bay. All eyes were on this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Troy Brown said:

I'm confused. There is a clear video of a grown man swinging and hitting another in the bare head with a helmet and you don't think this makes them look awful? There is already media backlash about what kind of suspension he should get. Sure, it looks worse but I don't think they're going to need any added motivation to drop a hammer on Garrett for this. This wasn't a 1pm game against Tampa Bay. All eyes were on this. 

It's gotta be 8 games. You have to make the Browns pay next season since their current season is already over. Garrett isn't gonna feel he let his team down enough until it's for something real like a playoff season which this season is pretty much not going to be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

There is video of a 300+ pound OL kicking a defenseless guy in the head. Many people think there should be very little to no suspension. If Garrett had been paralyzed, do you feel that sentiment would change?

Im just playing devils advocate. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Tex said:

Myles Garrett doesn't seem to be the only one who's lost his head tonight.

Except Samuel L Jackson is 100% correct. You can watch the video and verify it. So what are you talking about?

34 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Burfict never ripped someone's helmet off to use as a weapon with 8 seconds left in a game 

But he didn't. There was clearly no premeditation. Rudolph went for his helmet first, then Garrett retaliated by pulling the helmet off--plenty of precedent for this. Then Garrett gets tied up with a huge Steeler lineman. Then Rudolph ran back and threw what looked like two punches like a punk. Then Garrett swinging the helmet (which he should not have done and will now pay dearly for) in self-defense. Pathetic hyperbole. Stop lying.

31 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Alls I'm sayin is in the modern NFL, there's really no precedent for this. 

Yeah ok. 

22 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Aw bud we've already been down this lane of lame trolling earlier, you missed when it would have been funny

Good one.

20 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I mean he ate a helmet to the head and continued after him so seems like it 

No he didn't. He immediately threw his hands up to the ref. He ran swinging at Garrett's face while Garrett was held up with a dude bigger than Garrett. Why comment if you don't care about the facts?

16 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

If Rudolph really wanted to get Garrett, he would have played dead/rolled around holding his head after the helmet hit his head

This is a very good point. Rudolph is probably kicking himself (and telling everyone he is the victim of the kicking) for not thinking of that.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

Except Samuel l Jackson is 100% correct. You can watch the video and verify it. So what are you talking about?

But he didn't. There was clearly no premeditation. Rudolph went for his helmet first, then Garrett retaliated by pulling the helmet off--plenty of precedent for this. Then Garrett for Tues to with a huge Steeler lineman. Then Rudolph ran back and threw what looked like two punches. Then Garrett seeing the helmet (which he should not have and will now pay dearly) in self-defense. Pathetic hyperbole. Stop lying.

Yeah ok. 

Good one.

No he didn't. He immediately threw his hands up to the ref. He ran swinging at Garrett's face while Garrett was held up with a dude bigger than Garrett. Why comment if you don't care about the facts?

This is a very good point. Rudolph is probably kicking himself (and telling everyone he is the victim of the kicking) for not thinking of that.

Not really sure what you're talking about but yeah stay out of quoting my posts please. Thanks buddy.