The Myles Garrett incident

Webmaster

13 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

@Webmaster

šŸ¤·

Just want to be clear if this stuff is good to go before responding in kind. Fine here with hotly contested debate attacking my arguments. This seems different. But totally game here if it's allowed šŸ˜.

Obvious bias is obvious. I'd rather not engage with someone wearing rose-colored glasses on this topic. So once again, stay out of quoting my posts on this. Thanks again.Ā 

Just now, ET80 said:

I remember that - I'm not even a hockey fan and I remember that. That was 1,000x worse than this.

Oh it definitely was.Ā  I was just answering the question that if there's outrage when someone purposely use a stick as a weapon in hockey.

I know I pressed charges once when I was intentionally hit in the head playing lacrosse.Ā  Video showed the guy coming at me from 10 yards away while my head was down.Ā  Even the coach from the other team was outraged at his own player (he was kicked off the team).Ā  I can't think of an instance where using equipment as a weapon has ever not had any sort of outrage.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I remember that - I'm not even a hockey fan and I remember that. That was 1,000x worse than this.

Although if Garrett had hit Rudolph in the right spot...we might have had a situation where Rudolph went out on a stretcher.Ā  Garrett is extremely lucky in that regard.

• Like 1

Just now, warfelg said:

Oh it definitely was.Ā  I was just answering the question that if there's outrage when someone purposely use a stick as a weapon in hockey.

I know I pressed charges once when I was intentionally hit in the head playing lacrosse.Ā  Video showed the guy coming at me from 10 yards away while my head was down.Ā  Even the coach from the other team was outraged at his own player (he was kicked off the team).Ā  I can't think of an instance where using equipment as a weapon has ever not had any sort of outrage.

Wow.

22 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:
25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Agreed.Ā  I've heard the "blackout" defense get thrown around quite a bit today.Ā  And I don't know, I just ain't buying it TBH.Ā  It feels to me like "temporary insanity" argument.Ā  Like you are still in control.Ā  That was a choice to keep ahold of the helmet like a weapon then to use it that way.

I'd buy it more for Pouncey than Garrett.Ā Ā 

Actually think it was like that for all parties involved. They all saw RED for whatever their reasons. Unfortunately,Ā  it's not an excuse. It's one of those incidents where the second after it happened,Ā  you knew you F-up. It's like grabbing a Beer bottle , pool stick, ect in a Bar Brawl and deciding "at that time", it's a good idea! Its not!

Garrett was actually lucky he didn't do more damage because there was potential for a Criminal Lawsuit/Charges had he gashed him wide open,Ā  gave him yet another Concussion and hospitalized him.

Stupid in the heat of the moment Mistake, Absolutely and Inexcusable!!!Ā  I don't however think this is a character issue or "the norm" for Garrett similar to other players in the past like Burfict,Ā Incgnito, Suh, Haynesworth, ect.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

Just now, pnies20 said:

I agree. But I also agree with his suspension, if that makes any sense šŸ¤”Ā 

Pouncey did nothing wrong in coming to defend his teammate, everything wrong in punching and kicking Myles.Ā  So yes it makes sense.Ā  I bet Pouncey isn't suspended if he pancakes Garrett rather than punch him.

• Like 1

The outrage of this incident is what is hilarious to me. People just have to find something to condemn mob/riot style.Ā 

People that donā€™t even like football are freaking out. Blown way out of proportion.

Edit: I do agree with his suspension for the remainder of the year.

Edited by pnies20
  • Like 1