The Myles Garrett incident

Webmaster

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Actually think it was like that for all parties involved. They all saw RED for whatever their reasons. Unfortunately,  it's not an excuse. It's one of those incidents where the second after it happened,  you knew you F-up. It's like grabbing a Beer bottle , pool stick, ect in a Bar Brawl and deciding "at that time", it's a good idea! Its not!

Garrett was actually lucky he didn't do more damage because there was potential for a Criminal Lawsuit had he gashed him wide open,  gave him yet another Concussion and hospitalized him.

Stupid in the heat of the moment Mistake, Absolutely and Inexcusable!!!  I don't however think this is a character issue or the norm for Garrett similar to players in the past like Burfict, Incgnito, Suh, Haynesworth, ect.

He seems like the type of player that would come out of the locker room with a foam collar on the phone with his lawyer.

44 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean you can see it in the video. DeCastro pushes Garrett back and then after Rudolph gets up he charges at Garrett trying to get around DeCastro. As soon as he tried to get around DeCastro that's when Myles swung.

I'd qualify it slightly in the sense that his "charge" was like that of the cartoon little yapping dog who knows he has the comfort/protection of a man bigger than himself holding back the bigger-than-himself guy he's yelling at.  No one of Garrett's size or persona would be able to make a credible argument that he "felt threatened" by Rudolph (not saying you are, but the choice language I've seen some folks use on here and especially on other mediums could easily be mistaken for suggesting as much), unless Rudolph himself was carrying a weapon.  This is where I feel like the "don't start none won't be none" argument starts losing its water.  This was why I made the contention last night that if Garrett had done the equivalent of the Mister Miyagi honk on Rudolph by slow-mo "booping" him on the head with the helmet, I don't know that we find too many people outside the most outrageous of homers that aren't actually siding with Myles and laughing heartily at Mason.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I think the Browns need to cut bait with Garrett. Make an example and all.

That ain't gonna happen, and we are the last fan base to say anything on that with Ben, Harrison, Brown, keeping Porter on staff.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Again, it's a team that leads the NFL in ejections and personal/unsportsmanlike penalties.  No this one isolated incident isn't a traditional penalty, but the team has an issue with discipline and actions, and that is a culture thing.

And again that has nothing to do with what Garrett did. That is separate. Browns aren’t the first team in history to be undisciplined. Why don’t we see this from other undisciplined teams? Find it funny that Gronk losing control is a function of him but Garrett losing control is a function of the environment. There is a fine line to unnecessary roughness, unsportsmanlike conduct and freakin using a helmet on a weapon to hit another player. Like seriously.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

And again that has nothing to do with what Garrett did. That is separate. Browns aren’t the first team in history to be undisciplined. Why don’t we see this from other undisciplined teams? Find it funny that Gronk losing control is a function of him but Garrett losing control is a function of the environment. There is a fine line to unnecessary roughness, unsportsmanlike conduct and freakin using a helmet on a weapon to hit another player. Like seriously.

Remember when Gronk got upset after a no call PI and dropped a running start elbow into the back of Tredavius Whites neck when he wasn't even looking? Gave him a concussion and required White to miss time due to injury?

He got 1 game suspension for that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

Pouncey did nothing wrong.

Trying to punch and kick someone in the head while they’re on the ground is wrong, regardless of the circumstances.

I can see why he reacted the way he did, and I’d guess most teammates (and fans of a team) would appreciate his reaction, but it was wrong and he absolutely deserves punished for it.

• Like 2