The Myles Garrett incident

Webmaster

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Lets also say here:

Antonio Smith - No history

Courtland Finnigen and Andre Johnson - No History

Gronk - No history

Garrett - 3 incidents this year and $50k in fines this year already

Do you really want me to go through the history books and tell you that you are completely wrong if you think Finnigen/Incognito/Gronk have no history of fines. For the previous 2 years Garrett has zero prior instances. History has nothing to do with the length of suspension given out.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Don't heels need to get that shock-value, marquee win? Like HHH back in the day getting wins over SCSA or Rock. Can't see the Browns taking out many universally liked teams.

Come to think of it....ARE there any universally liked teams? It's usually the worst teams that never really beat or upset anyone. Kind of like....well....the Browns?

Unless it’s your own team, you will get annoyed by any other team getting more hype and coverage than yours.

• Like 1

I’ll say what Myles did is unacceptable 100%. My first thought was suspend him rest of season. 6 games with the possibility of being 10 is a pretty hefty suspension, especially since playoff games are like two games in a level of value. 

Do I think he should be suspended next season? Absolutely not. But I agree with the word “indefinitely” to keep the media at bay. Hate Goodell if you want but he’s extremely good at satisfying the media and keeping the NFLs image intact. I could see him suspended two games of the 2020 season if the Browns don’t make the playoffs. All depends how much the media is on it during the off season (yes Goodell suspends based on media levels and waits for it to die down). Should he be suspended two games in 2020? 100% no.

Also let’s get to the Steelers. Pouncey I think should of been 4 games with an appeal possibly making it 3. Although most of you say his suspension should of been 2 games. Dude was kicking a guy in the rib cage on the ground and throwing multiple multiple punches like an MMA fighter. That’s not defending your QB anymore. That’s trying to look like a tough guy. 

As for Rudolph. Cannot believe 90% think this dude should get off scott free. My initial reaction was 1 game suspension and huge fine. He completely escalated the situation. First the facemask, which is whatever, it happens (d*** move though), but then he goes up to Garrett, gets in his face, and keeps it goin. Like, I’ve never seen a QB escalate something that bad, at least not anytime in the recent past. 

It’s over with now. To conclude, what Myles did was terrible and he 100% deserves to be suspended the rest of the year. He’ll be back next year and probably be in the running for DPOY and this will all blow over. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’ll say what Myles did is unacceptable 100%. My first thought was suspend him rest of season. 6 games with the possibility of being 10 is a pretty hefty suspension, especially since playoff games are like two games in a level of value. 

Do I think he should be suspended next season? Absolutely not. But I agree with the word “indefinitely” to keep the media at bay. Hate Goodell if you want but he’s extremely good at satisfying the media and keeping the NFLs image intact. I could see him suspended two games of the 2020 season if the Browns don’t make the playoffs. All depends how much the media is on it during the off season (yes Goodell suspends based on media levels and waits for it to die down). Should he be suspended two games in 2020? 100% no.

Also let’s get to the Steelers. Pouncey I think should of been 4 games with an appeal possibly making it 3. Although most of you say his suspension should of been 2 games. Dude was kicking a guy in the rib cage on the ground and throwing multiple multiple punches like an MMA fighter. That’s not defending your QB anymore. That’s trying to look like a tough guy. 

As for Rudolph. Cannot believe 90% think this dude should get off scott free. My initial reaction was 1 game suspension and huge fine. He completely escalated the situation. First the facemask, which is whatever, it happens (d*** move though), but then he goes up to Garrett, gets in his face, and keeps it goin. Like, I’ve never seen a QB escalate something that bad, at least not anytime in the recent past. 

It’s over with now. To conclude, what Myles did was terrible and he 100% deserves to be suspended the rest of the year. He’ll be back next year and probably be in the running for DPOY and this will all blow over. 

This guy gets it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Ok you’re full of sh*t on that one

When I watched it I saw stomping, I was wrong on that account seeing a replay, it wouldnt of injured him badly. All the people saying Myles could of killed Rudolph are out of their mind, with that shot at that part of the head you are unlikely to hit somebody. 

That said ,Mason has been under punished, anyone who grabs someones nuts and then charges them gets what coming to him. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

When I watched it I saw stomping, I was wrong on that account seeing a replay, it wouldnt of injured him badly. All the people saying Myles could of killed Rudolph are out of their mind, with that shot at that part of the head you are unlikely to hit somebody. 

That said ,Mason has been under punished, anyone who grabs someones nuts and then charges them gets what coming to him. 

That may not be a good thing for him come two weeks

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Again, something that didn't happen...

• Like 1