Garrett suspended indefinitely, Ogunjobi out One game

zelbell

What ticks me off the most about these suspensions is that Rudolph and the Steelers were extremely frustrated that they couldn't get anything going against the Browns and did what many teams do in that situation....play like sore loser greaseballs and hope to bait the other team into late game shenanigans. Unfortunately Myles and the Browns took the bait. Even more unfortunate is that the NFL didn't consider this context.

I'm ok with the suspension to Myles but it burns me that Rudolph the red nosed weasel got nothing.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dawgattack said:

What ticks me off the most about these suspensions is that Rudolph and the Steelers were extremely frustrated that they couldn't get anything going against the Browns and did what many teams do in that situation....play like sore loser greaseballs and hope to bait the other team into late game shenanigans. Unfortunately Myles and the Browns took the bait. Even more unfortunate is that the NFL didn't consider this context.

I'm ok with the suspension to Myles but it burns me that Rudolph the red nosed weasel got nothing.  

I like what Rudolph and Pouncey did were put in context and what Ogunjobi and Garrett did were treated like independent incidents. Again, if this surprises you then you haven't been paying attention.

What I do find funny is Steelers fans and Steelers media claiming they never backed Harrison when he was attempting and successfully "putting people to sleep". They were talking on the radio how they called him out when he was doing that and Browns fans are all saying what Garrett did was justified. Their media also said Garrett fabricated what was said. They say everything like it is fact and I suppose that is where their fan base gets their information and why they can't be convinced if you use caution or logic. Funny thing though, it was just a couple weeks ago they had another Pittsburgh media guy as a guest and he was saying that there was a good deal of racism in the Pittsburgh media and fan base but that hasn't been mentioned this week for some reason, gee I wonder why. It all has to fit a narrative to be true.

Look I don’t know whether racial slurs were lobbed or not. I haven’t seen any definitive proof one way or the other. Give me concrete proof and I’ll give an answer. 

What I do know is this whole fiasco is a huge shame. From EVERYTHING I’ve read, heard, know about Garrett is he is a really good dude outside of football. Some of the comments I’ve read outside this forum are the people that need vilified. Just a bunch of senseless, non thinking pack cats that have zero reasoning ability. What have you done for me lately driven blow hards that live in the moment and succumb to the latest breeze that comes in. Come on get a grip. Please think for yourself. At least try?

Garret was wrong, and he legitimately knows that. But yeah as a Browns fan I really just didn’t say that did I?  

Anywho bottom line is a really good dude is being satanized because of an although bad mistake. We’ve all made them. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Look I don’t know whether racial slurs were lobbed or not. I haven’t seen any definitive proof one way or the other. Give me concrete proof and I’ll give an answer. 

What I do know is this whole fiasco is a huge shame. From EVERYTHING I’ve read, heard, know about Garrett is he is a really good dude outside of football. Some of the comments I’ve read outside this forum are the people that need vilified. Just a bunch of senseless, non thinking pack cats that have zero reasoning ability. What have you done for me lately driven blow hards that live in the moment and succumb to the latest breeze that comes in. Come on get a grip. Please think for yourself. At least try?

Garret was wrong, and he legitimately knows that. But yeah as a Browns fan I really just didn’t say that did I?  

Anywho bottom line is a really good dude is being satanized because of an although bad mistake. We’ve all made them. 

Yeah seems like a good guy and he made a mistake that he shouldn't have no matter what triggered it. I would imagine whatever word that was or wasn't used is heard often. I've been called it multiple times on a football field and I'm not of a race that would be offended by it but it is just that much a part of some people's every day dialogue (obviously not those that really shouldn't) that it gets thrown around. I'm not saying that if Mason were to have said something that it isn't very wrong but after a while you do get a little desensitized to it so assuming most NFL players are then it shouldn't be a trigger anyway. It isn't that shocking if you are hearing it all the time, if you have a problem then report it (okay, that didn't work in this case but...) don't do something stupid.

The helmet thing is 50% because it was Browns against the Steelers. The NFL really doesn't like one and adores the other. Obviously we aren't going to be happy with their "findings" even if we know our actions were wrong.

6 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!

usatsi_12065858.jpg?w=452&h=271&crop=1

well isnt pro- bowl and all-pro?

Isnt All-Pro voted on by the writers and there are no subs? Where Pro bowl, you have a bunch of subs getting pro bowl nods because of the two superbowl teams not playing and guys getting hurt late in the season. So wouldnt Mitch have been like the 8th alternate or something.

Also dont disrespect Mitch, dude will prolly be our back up in 2-3 years

58 minutes ago, buno67 said:

well isnt pro- bowl and all-pro?

Isnt All-Pro voted on by the writers and there are no subs? Where Pro bowl, you have a bunch of subs getting pro bowl nods because of the two superbowl teams not playing and guys getting hurt late in the season. So wouldnt Mitch have been like the 8th alternate or something.

Also dont disrespect Mitch, dude will prolly be our back up in 2-3 years

I bet you're fun at parties.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Well the half a man rudolph got a 50000 dollar fine

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/23/nfl-fines-mason-rudolph-50000/

With the chance to appeal. I'm sure he'll get it reduced just like Pouncey had his suspension reduced (by a different appeal officer than who heard Garrett's appeal).

1 hour ago, mistakey said:
2 hours ago, pscottdai said:

How does he get fined a higher amount than Myles but not get a suspension?

The highest amount

and you know the answer 

It's a way to even it all out so they look like they are being fair? I mean we aren't that stupid but I'm pretty sure the NFL thinks we are. Why else would we continue to support their business while they repeatedly screw us over?

Gordon got busted with the Patriots and missed like 4 games. Got busted one less time with us and missed 20? Yeah, makes sense.

Rudolph started a fight twice and wasn't ejected. Ogunjobi gave one push total and was ejected and suspended.

Pouncey got his suspension reduced by 33%, Ogunjobi and Garrett combined for 0%.

League says there was no proof of racist comment instead of saying there was no proof that there was or wasn't.

Greedy and Randall got big fines for what appeared to be incidental helmet to helmet contact and Ryan Shazier is a national treasure because of obvious spearing on numerous occasions (I still like him but it's the truth).

Every call that the Ravens/Steelers get vs every call in a Browns game.

3 factors needed before a franchise move can be voted on. 0 of 3 met at the time of the vote. Vote passes.

I'm a fan of football but the NFL as an organization is dirty and the Browns are one of a handful of organizations that get screwed over on the regular.

• Like 5