Garrett suspended indefinitely, Ogunjobi out One game

zelbell

So I've had a day to think this through and here is what I correlate it too.  Say I'm in a store and my intent is to steal from the store owner.  I attempt to take money from the cashier's drawer and am unsuccessful.  The store owner hits me with a weapon to ward off my attempt to steal.  I take a beating.  Is the store owner then the person that is in the wrong or am I for my unsuccessful attempt to rob.  In my mind the store owner is the victim and I am the guilty party.  Seems like the same scenerio we just witnessed.  Rudolph attempts to steal Garret's helmet with the intent to harm is unsuccessful and in turn gets a beating.  Am I wrong?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It's hilarious how all the Browns players were immediately apologetic for letting that escalate and Garrett apologized.

Yet Rudolph has taken 0 responsibility for what has happened, but the Browns are the ones with the toxic culture and are completely out of control.  The NFL is a joke.

It really is a reflection of the society-level disconnect people are in--speaking from life experience in the United States, as well as reflection of others here. We vilify those who admit transgression and fight to the death for the liars who steer us into our own demise, merely for the fact that they do not admit the lies they tell that we all know are lies. As superficiality increases by the day, self-deception increases. It's easier to be a liar and go along with a liar than tell the truth and call out a lie. 

28 minutes ago, matt27j said:

I love all the two weeks talk. No one feels sorry for the Steelers. No one cares about their rings like no one cares about old Browns champs. No one's going to care if they win the next game and injure people.

No one would be surprised if pit plays dirty. Babied by the league and that's why they've gotten away with so much over the years. They only went soft when Shazier ended his own career doing what they coached and wouldnt have made sb's without.

Exposed as playoff pretenders by the Browns of all teams.  

Constant losing creates a desensitization to it. You can find a way to be happy regardless of the situation. Hence why people turn to evaluating individual performances and coming to a site like this.  

It's also why whooping bal/pit is probably more entertaining than a SB would be. They haven't lost enough to realize winning and losing doesnt matter. There's really no reason to brag or cry. It's a game. 

As a Browns fan i know this, if you don't say anything back its not as fueling for the other person.

Which is why i write this. I find people bickering back and forth to be pretty entertaining these days. 

If the Steelers or Ravens lose to the Browns again? That would be much more entertaining than hearing the same old one liners that have grown boring.

Such a great post 👍👌💪.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

So I've had a day to think this through and here is what I correlate it too.  Say I'm in a store and my intent is to steal from the store owner.  I attempt to take money from the cashier's drawer and am unsuccessful.  The store owner hits me with a weapon to ward off my attempt to steal.  I take a beating.  Is the store owner then the person that is in the wrong or am I for my unsuccessful attempt to rob.  In my mind the store owner is the victim and I am the guilty party.  Seems like the same scenerio we just witnessed.  Rudolph attempts to steal Garret's helmet with the intent to harm is unsuccessful and in turn gets a beating.  Am I wrong?

It is a solid analogy. To clarify the analogy more, let's say the weapon is a bat being swung by an average sized guy. That seems like a fair enough comparison to a big man swinging a helmet with his non-dominant arm. On your side in the matter how can also understand the gray area argument going on about how serious the swing itself was. People are too inflamed right now to look at whether he threw a haymaker or swung to clear his space out. All of these are improper responses, as he was swinging at and unprotected head, but it is important information when we are looking to divvy out culpability. Was it a lapse in awareness/judgment that could have ended very dangerously or was it a moment of murderous rage?

Edited by NudeTayne

24 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Lets stop attacking posters and fanbases. Stuck to discussing the suspension and fallout.

OK....I'm not tagging anyone at all, but there are a few folks out in the "real world" forum, and not the safe cocoon-like safety that is the Browns forum, that MUST be related to the warden from Shawshank.

Image result for obtuse gif

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It's hilarious how all the Browns players were immediately apologetic for letting that escalate and Garrett apologized.

Yet Rudolph has taken 0 responsibility for what has happened, but the Browns are the ones with the toxic culture and are completely out of control.  The NFL is a joke.

You can’t take accountability and play the victim card.

He’s in a rough spot.

4 hours ago, Duff said:

There is a reason you guys are called the mistake by the lake. Your city sucks and so do your sports teams. Heck even Lebron couldn't stick around. The Steelers are having a down year where we have been ravaged by injuries and free agency and you guys are happy with a win over that. A Thursday night home game against our practice squad and you guys are acting like you won the Super Bowl. Myles Garrett initiated the fight. Their was 8 seconds left and it was a swing pass in the flat where we left Garrett unblocked. He goes in and tackles our QB well after he released the ball and then he doesn't let him go. What is Rudolph supposed to do. Garrett was rubbing it in.  I have watched the video a hundred times and Mason did not try to kick him in the balls. Stop trying to make Garrett the victim you sound like a bunch of Snowflakes. Rudolph was wrong in retaliating and trying to rip Garrett's helmet off but what Garrett did was on a whole different level. Then your punk D-lineman comes in and blindsides Rudolph when he isn't looking and with his helmet off. If you watch the whole video Cam Heyward came out on the field and got in your D-Linemans face. He didn't want anything to do with Heyward. Be happy Garrett is only probably going to be suspended for this year. It isn't like you guys are going to the playoffs anyways. The Steelers aren't either but at least ours is because of misfortune and bad luck not because of ineptitude year in and year out like you guys. Stop promoting Baker so much too. He hasn't done anything yet. He is a poor mans Brett Favre a very poor mans. Can't wait until we play again in two weeks. 

Is this a Mason Rudolph burner account

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Can't really blame Rudolph, as he is too stupid to know he did anything wrong.

I hope he's the Steelers QB for the next decade and beyond.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I hope we absolutely crush Rudolph in the next game. He started that rubbish and is now trying to act all innocent. NFL have set a bad precedent by not suspending him. They have just told QB’s they can start rubbish like that and then back out and get away with it

I will not defend Garrett and his actions, but the lack of national coverage of Rudolph being the instigator who tried ripping his helmet off on the ground, kicked him in the groin and then came after him for a second time after his OL already had him restrained is mind blowing.

I get that what Garrett did was beyond stupid and he deserves his suspension but outside of James Jones on TV I havent heard a single Wingo/Shefter/SVP type call out Rudolph for his actions and lack of league discipline while playing the victim  

• Like 1