Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely

RaidersAreOne

Booger McFarland what an idiot.  Hate that guy on MNF.  He comes out and is calling for criminal charges.  Ughhh...total BS.  Damien Woody is getting some good mileage out of this though.  At least he has a decent take on it.  If criminal charge were filed it would forever change the game and not in a good way.  Keep the damn scum sucking lawyers out of it.  

30 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

but then again there could be a civil trial.

For what damages? It's all on video, he instigated and was struck in the head during the altercation and appeared to have no injuries. Emotional stress? I think that happened earlier in the game when he found out he isn't cut out to be an NFL QB and is the reason he started the fight. That lawsuit should be against Joe Schobert not Garrett.

7 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

This is America- you can sue anybody for any reason you can write down.  We currently have a U.S. Congressman suing a parody twitter cow for making him look bad, so "suing a guy who bonked you in the head with a football helmet" seems plausible.  It's just not going to happen overnight.

Has any athlete ever sued another athlete? Hockey players get in fights, there are tons of brawls in NFL/NBA, MLB players get intentionally plunked by 98 mph fast balls. There's been countless opportunities to sue. Rudolph would look like such a pansy if he sued after having a hand in instigating, coming away uninjured, and then being the first athlete to sue the guy he picked a fight with. 

There's no way anything happens. Rudolph is probably telling his representatives to shut up about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

For what damages? It's all on video, he instigated and was struck in the head during the altercation and appeared to have no injuries. Emotional stress? I think that happened earlier in the game when he found out he isn't cut out to be an NFL QB and is the reason he started the fight. That lawsuit should be against Joe Schobert not Garrett.

I mean... he did try to run out the clock on 4th down by spiking the ball on the next play.  

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Listening to some of the sports talk radio saying the Browns should cut Garrett immediately. 

Agreed, they should make a statement here!

And, I bet every single other NFL team, all 31 of them, will continue to posture on their high horses and refuse to sign him.

What a message!