Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Because Incognito isn't dumb enough to charge a man holding his helmet. Unlike Rudolph. 

Because most people realize that most people aren’t so callous to hit another human being with a helmet. Literally all Garrett had to do was drop the helmet and throw a fist and get one game IF THAT.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Because most people realize that most people aren’t so callous to hit another human being with a helmet. Literally all Garrett had to do was drop the helmet and throw a fist and get one game IF THAT.

Yep. Mason is a big dude too, so Myles should have had the decency to throw BOTH his and Mason's helmet aside and fight him.. not that it should ever have come to that, but that would at least be a man to man fight. Myles was a homicidal coward.. in leaving his helmet on.. and then using another's to bash at an unprotected head.

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

what kind of legal battle could mason and his team bring up?

he wasn’t injured and he was willing engaged in the altercation that didn’t injure him.

Sooooo, case closed?

Someone who knows, weigh in.

When you step onto the field of play, you knowingly are subjecting yourself to a certain level of abuse and hitting.  What happened here was outside the realms of what is expected and what you willingly subject yourself to on the field of play.  In addition, the player (Garrett) brandished a piece of equipment meant to protect said player as a weapon in this attack that was outside what is expected.

I know that's what I personally used and it worked.

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

Yep. Mason is a big dude too, so Myles should have had the decency to throw BOTH his and Mason's helmet aside and fight him.. not that it should ever have come to that, but that would at least be a man to man fight. Myles was a homicidal coward.. in leaving his helmet on.. and then using another's to bash at an unprotected head.

I keep forgetting how big Mason is because compared to his OL he looks so short.

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

what kind of legal battle could mason and his team bring up?

he wasn’t injured and he was willing engaged in the altercation that didn’t injure him.

Sooooo, case closed?

Someone who knows, weigh in.

Battery?

The elements of battery are (1) a volitional act (2) done for the purpose of causing a harmful or offensive contact with another person or under circumstances that make such contact substantially certain to occur. Thus throwing a rock at someone for the purpose of hitting them is a battery if the rock in fact strikes the person, and is an assault if the rock misses.

Sub rock for helmet

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Yeah but by that point it was 3-on-1

its not like it was just Rudolph and him Mano a Mano.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

When you step onto the field of play, you knowingly are subjecting yourself to a certain level of abuse and hitting.  What happened here was outside the realms of what is expected and what you willingly subject yourself to on the field of play.  In addition, the player (Garrett) brandished a piece of equipment meant to protect said player as a weapon in this attack that was outside what is expected.

I know that's what I personally used and it worked.

But you weren’t willingly engaged in the altercation though, were you. It sounded like a dude hit you for no reason at all... that does make a huge difference Id imagine 

were you injured?

Just now, Chiefer said:

Yeah but by that point it was 3-on-1

No. No one will or should buy this. All 3 trench players had full equipment on, and an angry QB with no helmet comes at him with anger. 

Oh, how scary for Myles. So he swings a helmet at the helmetless QB. 

Just no. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dome said:

But you weren’t willingly engaged in the altercation though, were you. It sounded like a dude hit you for no reason at all... that does make a huge difference Id imagine 

were you injured?

I mean, I was on a rip that game with 6 goals and 7 assists.  That game was chippy up until that point.  I had 2 slashing penalties and an illegal body check penalty.

Yes I was injured.  Although the judge in the case did say that the injury had little impact on their decision.  Since we were minors he got 50 hours of community service, 1 week in juvie, and his school suspended him for a week.

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Battery?

The elements of battery are (1) a volitional act (2) done for the purpose of causing a harmful or offensive contact with another person or under circumstances that make such contact substantially certain to occur. Thus throwing a rock at someone for the purpose of hitting them is a battery if the rock in fact strikes the person, and is an assault if the rock misses.

Sub rock for helmet

That wouldn’t happen through mason and his agents though, that would be a criminal trial 

3 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

No. No one will or should buy this. All 3 trench players had full equipment on, and an angry QB with no helmet comes at him with anger. 

Oh, how scary for Myles. So he swings a helmet at the helmetless QB. 

Just no. 

It was still 3 on 1

that doesn’t go away because you want it too. Lmao

dont get me wrong he should’ve got rid of the helmet. But acting like it was just Rudolph and Garret out there is a lie. And it’s also why no criminal charges will be filed(that and Rudolph instigated things)

Edited by Chiefer

Just now, Dome said:

That wouldn’t happen through mason and his agents though, that would be a criminal trial 

And Cleveland PD already said they won't investigate or press charges because they don't feel like they should interfere on the field.  But what if Mason, his agent, or the team decide they want to press charges?