Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely

RaidersAreOne

33 minutes ago, Starless said:

I firmly believe that Rudolph was the instigating party.

Not really the case though. Mason didn't just get angry over nothing. He got angry because he got sacked and pinned in a way that he felt was excessive (late and extended), especially under the context of a final play in a clear 7-21 lost game. 

Mason reacted in a way that should result in a small fine.. which is to say that he should have let it go once he got up w/o his helmet. I wouldn't have even blinked, had they given him a 1 game suspension from it... due to the mess that avalanches from it.

Did he start it though? eh.. not so much. 

I would have respected Myles if he'd just laughingly mocked Mason. They won the game, and Mason's no threat. I'd have smirked it off, had Myles tossed both his and Mason's helmet aside, and either mocked him or gestured a "bring it" to him. 

What he did instead was a cowardly assault that could have brutally injured another player's unprotected head. There's just no way to excuse or defend it.

I don’t think mason intentionally connected with anybodies manhood

but I still think he was an active participant in the altercation, so what he did doesn’t matter all that much to me. 

when it’s abundantly clear he’s trying to engage rather than disengage, the specific actions aren’t as important.

It’s weird people are getting hung up on those details.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I mean....I would too if someone just ripped my helmet off too TBH.  I don't think there's anything out there to support grabbing the manhood.  As far as the kicking part, again it was at a time that Myles had Mason by the facemask and was pulling at it.  Could have easily been an unintentional reaction to having your facemask pulled on.

In my opinion, if I was investigating this, I’d say he was angry before his helmet was ripped off. As in while he was trying to rip off Garrett’s helmet. Garrett retaliated but was separated. Rudolph then approached Garrett looking like a wild man. You can’t play the victim card after starting a fight and then continuing to instigate it and actively attacking someone with two other people surrounding that person.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I mean....I would too if someone just ripped my helmet off too TBH.  I don't think there's anything out there to support grabbing the manhood.  As far as the kicking part, again it was at a time that Myles had Mason by the facemask and was pulling at it.  Could have easily been an unintentional reaction to having your facemask pulled on.

I’m not sure why you refuse to acknowledge that maybe, just maybe, Mason wasn’t a victim in this.

I’m not saying what he did is equal to that of Garrett (need to say that specifically because the slower folks among us can’t differentiate) but he definitely wasn’t some innocent bystander who just happened to incur the wrath of Myles Garrett for no particular reason whatsoever with 8 seconds left in a game.

Mason was wrong.  Larry was wrong.  Pouncey was wronger.  Myles was wrongest.  

This ain’t that hard.

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Not really the case though. Mason didn't just get angry over nothing. He got angry because he got sacked and pinned in a way that he felt was excessive (late and extended), especially under the context of a final play in a clear 7-21 lost game. 

Mason reacted in a way that should result in a small fine.. which is to say that he should have let it go once he got up w/o his helmet. I wouldn't have even blinked, had they given him a 1 game suspension from it... due to the mess that avalanches from it.

Did he start it though? eh.. not so much. 

I would have respected Myles if he'd just laughingly mocked Mason. They won the game, and Mason's no threat. I'd have smirked it off, had Myles tossed both his and Mason's helmet aside, and either mocked him or gestured a "bring it" to him. 

What he did instead was a cowardly assault that could have brutally injured another player's unprotected head. There's just no way to excuse or defend it.

Nothing at all dirty or excessive about the play. Flag happy ref standing there watching didn’t think so either. In the grasp during throw. Taken down to Garrett’s side. 

To say he didn’t start it is Just absurd. 

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

In my opinion, if I was investigating this, I’d say he was angry before his helmet was ripped off. As in while he was trying to rip off Garrett’s helmet. Garrett retaliated but was separated. Rudolph then approached Garrett looking like a wild man. You can’t play the victim card after starting a fight and then continuing to instigate it and actively attacking someone with two other people surrounding that person.

Garrett was separated after pulling Mason's helmet off which could be seen as escalation.  Look neither man is in the right here and both are in the wrong.  But continually pointing to all of Mason's wrongs up to the helmet hit, and not talking about Garretts part in escalating the events paint's it as if Garrett had no choice.

Just now, warfelg said:

Garrett was separated after pulling Mason's helmet off which could be seen as escalation.  Look neither man is in the right here and both are in the wrong.  But continually pointing to all of Mason's wrongs up to the helmet hit, and not talking about Garretts part in escalating the events paint's it as if Garrett had no choice.

I’m specifically talking about a criminal or civil matter. They were absolutely both wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

I don’t think mason intentionally connected with anybodies manhood

but I still think he was an active participant in the altercation, so what he did doesn’t matter all that much to me. 

when it’s abundantly clear he’s trying to engage rather than disengage, the specific actions aren’t as important.

It’s weird people are getting hung up on those details.

Yeah man, all 4 dudes were willing participants in the jackassery and should be punished imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not sure why you refuse to acknowledge that maybe, just maybe, Mason wasn’t a victim in this.

I’m not saying what he did is equal to that of Garrett (need to say that specifically because the slower folks among us can’t differentiate) but he definitely wasn’t some innocent bystander who just happened to incur the wrath of Myles Garrett for no particular reason whatsoever with 8 seconds left in a game.

Mason was wrong.  Larry was wrong.  Pouncey was wronger.  Myles was wrongest.  

This ain’t that hard.

I never said Mason is a victim.  I'm pointing out that a lot of the extra things people are saying he did are taken out of context.  Kicked the manhood....while he was off the ground by the facemask.  "Grabbed" the manhood, while reaching across for his helmet (at least that's what the video looks like because his hand gets close to his helmet in Garretts hands).

Neither man is right, and both are wrong.  I'm just seeing freeze frame moments posted as if those actions were isolated and not part of a chain of events.

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

I’m specifically talking about a criminal or civil matter. They were absolutely both wrong. 

Let's say you and I get into an argument at a bar and I shove you and you shove me back.  Then you break a beer bottle and stab me with it.  You are still guilty of whatever crime the stabbing would be under state law even if I shoved you first.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

No one is saying he didn’t have a choice, just that it “takes two to tango” and all that.

9 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I would have respected Myles if he'd just laughingly mocked Mason. They won the game, and Mason's no threat.

Oh I'd be making fun of my own QB if this was the case.  Easily.  He deserved to have Garrett point at the scoreboard and laugh at the pouting.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I never said Mason is a victim.  I'm pointing out that a lot of the extra things people are saying he did are taken out of context.  Kicked the manhood....while he was off the ground by the facemask.  "Grabbed" the manhood, while reaching across for his helmet (at least that's what the video looks like because his hand gets close to his helmet in Garretts hands).

Neither man is right, and both are wrong.  I'm just seeing freeze frame moments posted as if those actions were isolated and not part of a chain of events.

The replays shows him trying to pull off the helmet and then re-engage with Garrett after DeCastro did the lord’s work in separating these idiots.

The issue myself and Browns fans have is Mason getting off without a suspension as if he had no role in the whole thing, which he obviously did.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Let's say you and I get into an argument at a bar and I shove you and you shove me back.  Then you break a beer bottle and stab me with it.  You are still guilty of whatever crime the stabbing would be under state law even if I shoved you first.  

Just about to say this.  Would they look at the grabbing and pulling of helmets like pushing back and forth?  I would be inclined to believe so because that's not uncommon to see.  Happens at least once a game on the CB/WR parts and 3-4 times a game in the trenches.  Rare for the helmet to actually come off.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Not in Cleveland if you play for the Steelers.

(that’s tongue in cheek for the slower amongst us)