Mason Rudolph's play thus far

Steelers22

6 hours ago, Duff said:

There really are no Pros. He isn't accurate at all. He under throws on deep passes, throws behind on slants or crossing patterns and overthrows on seam patterns. He is way to conservative and panics anytime there is pressure. He can't scramble he has legs like Brady. No pocket presence or field vision. He stares down primary receiver. Throws short passes to hard and does not throw a catchable ball. Poor field awareness, no finesse or pump fake. Just not a heady QB, no fire. Even when Ben was young in his first year you knew he had the "it" factor. Rudolph is like a less athletic Mark Malone. At least we know he isn't the long term answer. Yes the run game has not been great and the line and the receivers have not been great. But the only changes were Ben and Antonio not in the lineup since last year. I am convinced if you had those two back our line would look better and so would our running game.

He's a lot like you, no real positives. Just a stain on the underpants of society. Good attempt on the troll posts earlier. You may be better at it as soon as you learn how to read and write. I won't hold out hope.

7 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

He's a lot like you, no real positives. Just a stain on the underpants of society. Good attempt on the troll posts earlier. You may be better at it as soon as you learn how to read and write. I won't hold out hope.

Cool story man but what does it have to do with this post? If he was trolling in another post maybe you should have responded there and not drag it into a different thread. 

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I'm not gonna lie, I have 0 expectations for him moving forward. I dont think he is fairly accurate on almost any throws. He absolutely turns the ball over too much and also simply puts the ball on the ground too much. He has shown very little if any improvement on his mechanics. His reads are terrible. He has no pocket mobility at all. So far, he has not been worth the 3rd round pick spent on him. 

Aside from his reads (which most young QBs struggle with) every statement here is grossly exaggerated. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wwhickok said:

The OL has sucked this season. AV has not earned an extension this season 

what a difference Munchak made for the OL. Too bad it's gone like this, but we are going back to 2011 type OL play, and how many here can stomach that?

Edited by 3rivers

8 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Aside from his reads (which most young QBs struggle with) every statement here is grossly exaggerated. 

No it's not. Think about how many times he has fumbled. He doesnt move well in the pocket. He just doesnt. It doesnt mean he cant but right now he isnt.  His WRs arent helping him out but he is still making a lot of poor reads and poor throws that result in turnovers. 4 of them against the Browns. 

Hard to look good with the 3rd/6th/7th WR on the depth chart while also rotating the 2nd and 4string RBs while the OL was taking a dump.

I don’t even think Rudolph should be(or is) the future at qb but he’s at least shown save for this past game to be capable of at least being a decent backup or a “bridge” QB.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Hard to look good with the 3rd/6th/7th WR on the depth chart while also rotating the 2nd and 4string RBs while the OL was taking a dump.

I don’t even think Rudolph should be(or is) the future at qb but he’s at least shown save for this past game to be capable of at least being a decent backup or a “bridge” QB.

why did you forget to include the OC ? 

7 hours ago, wwhickok said:

No it's not. Think about how many times he has fumbled. He doesnt move well in the pocket. He just doesnt. It doesnt mean he cant but right now he isnt.  His WRs arent helping him out but he is still making a lot of poor reads and poor throws that result in turnovers. 4 of them against the Browns. 

Does this look like someone that is heavy footed and has no pocket awareness?  There are MANY plays that he escaped pressure, moved out of the pocket and threw a strike. Prior to Week 11, he had 11 TDs and 4 Ints and lost ZERO fumbles (3 total) in 10 games.You are forming opinion based on the last 2 games. Not the overall performance. You're judging the moment. 

Edited by Chieferific

52 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Does this look like someone that is heavy footed and has no pocket awareness?  There are MANY plays that he escaped pressure, moved out of the pocket and threw a strike. Prior to Week 11, he had 11 TDs and 4 Ints and lost ZERO fumbles (3 total) in 10 games.You are forming opinion based on the last 2 games. Not the overall performance. You're judging the moment. 

I'm not sure he's fully right yet after that hit.

1 minute ago, SlevinKelevra said:

That's been my point.  While he still needed to improve his Pre-snap reads and checked down way to often, he had a smooth drop back. Pocket presence. Was able to avoid pressure and didn't turn the ball over. All prior to the hit.  I hope he can get it back. 

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

That's been my point.  While he still needed to improve his Pre-snap reads and checked down way to often, he had a smooth drop back. Pocket presence. Was able to avoid pressure and didn't turn the ball over. All prior to the hit.  I hope he can get it back. 

This has been the most confusing part of the Mason Rudolph experience.  He was really good in the pocket prior to the concussion.  Since the injury, he's legitimately done a 180--he's been so bad in the pocket since and it's not like he looks hesitant (which would make some sense)--it's just he's lost a feel for the guys around him.  It's really confusing

Edited by Steelers22

3 hours ago, SlevinKelevra said:

I have thought this as well. To his defence, even if there are lingering concussion issues, the OC and running game hasn't helped him at all for most of these games. 

2 hours ago, Steelers22 said:

He was really good in the pocket prior to the concussion. 

perhaps that concussion was a scare to him, and he doesn't want to take the chance of that again. If so, this would be an example of what a good hit to the QB can do, not that I agree with how Thomas hit him which was a  cheap shot.  Usually a good QB hit during a game affects some QBs, but this is several weeks after the hit/concussion - much more serious. In Hockey a concussion will have a player out for possibly more than a month, in football the healing time seems to be much less for some reason. It must all be the magic of that blue tent

11 minutes ago, August4th said:

stuff like this is driving me crazy with Mason

have a feeling that's a TD with Hodges since he would pull the trigger faster

Completely agree.  It was obvious right after the snap the RB was going to be covered.  Yet, he keeps looking at him hoping something magically changes.  This is what I'm talking about, he looks so lost post-snap, which is a massive massive problem