WR/TE/RB help

kurgan

So... obviously there should be some WR that will make their way to PItt in the next couple of days.  With 2 in the protocol, Switz on IR, and the two guys on now being Johnny Holton and Tevin Jones, I wanted to float some interesting names to see if there was any thought about maybe bringing someone(s) in to give us some much needed HELP.

Also, with Connor being banged up, maybe some RB help??  I also thought I would throw some TE names in to since Vance and Vannett are not big reception threats, and maybe a Big TE/slot guy can help.

I've looked for FA guys and also guys on someone else's Practice Squad that can come on our 53.  These are names that I have found interesting: 

NOTE:  I am NOT going to even think about AB or Dez... they can kick rocks.  I am trying to be somewhat serious.

FA:

WR: Eli Rogers, Michael Crabtree, Kelvin Benjamin, Pierre Garcon, Bruce Ellington, Braxton Miller

TE: Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, Antonio Gates

RB: CJ Anderson, Jacquizz Rogers, Alex Collins, Doug Martin, Chris Ivory

PS: 

WR: Deon Cain (Colts), Terry Godwin (Jags), Chad Hansen (Texans), Antoine Wesley (Ravens), Ray-Ray McCloud (Bills), David Sills (Giants), Greg Dortch (Panthers), Lil'Jordan Humphrey (Saints), Penny Hart (Seahawks)

TE: Jerell Adams (Texans), Moritz Bohringer (Bengals), Cole Hikatuni (Dallas), Tyrone Swoops (Seahawks)

RB: Mike Weber (Dallas), Bo Scarbrough (Detroit), Elijah Holyfield (Carolina)

He blew out his ACL last year after he was drafted, then came back this year and played the first game and was waived.  He resigned to the PS on 11/9.

I liked him coming out of college as a big play deep threat.  He would be someone that could come in and help right away, I would think.  He is a burner.

Depending on how long he will be out this time and how we do in the next weeks, I wouldn't be against IR'ing him.  We need someone in the building though, as Samuels is not an everydown back.

11 hours ago, kurgan said:

So... obviously there should be some WR that will make their way to PItt in the next couple of days.  With 2 in the protocol, Switz on IR, and the two guys on now being Johnny Holton and Tevin Jones, I wanted to float some interesting names to see if there was any thought about maybe bringing someone(s) in to give us some much needed HELP.

Also, with Connor being banged up, maybe some RB help??  I also thought I would throw some TE names in to since Vance and Vannett are not big reception threats, and maybe a Big TE/slot guy can help.

I've looked for FA guys and also guys on someone else's Practice Squad that can come on our 53.  These are names that I have found interesting: 

NOTE:  I am NOT going to even think about AB or Dez... they can kick rocks.  I am trying to be somewhat serious.

FA:

WR: Eli Rogers, Michael Crabtree, Kelvin Benjamin, Pierre Garcon, Bruce Ellington, Braxton Miller

TE: Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, Antonio Gates

RB: CJ Anderson, Jacquizz Rogers, Alex Collins, Doug Martin, Chris Ivory

PS: 

WR: Deon Cain (Colts), Terry Godwin (Jags), Chad Hansen (Texans), Antoine Wesley (Ravens), Ray-Ray McCloud (Bills), David Sills (Giants), Greg Dortch (Panthers), Lil'Jordan Humphrey (Saints), Penny Hart (Seahawks)

TE: Jerell Adams (Texans), Moritz Bohringer (Bengals), Cole Hikatuni (Dallas), Tyrone Swoops (Seahawks)

RB: Mike Weber (Dallas), Bo Scarbrough (Detroit), Elijah Holyfield (Carolina)

instead of all this, get a new OCV, OL coach and some OL players first. You could try the above all you want, but if there are no running lanes or pass pro, it's all useless. 

10 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Conner needs to go on IR too

serious? I can't find verified reports on this.

49 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

The may not think DJ will be able to play for a while. Bleeding from the ears isn't good.

Yea and that’s not even factoring in JuJu being dinged.

I think RB and TE desperately needs an infusion of speed/athleticism...WR is TBD..OL is TBD as well...I’m thinking the team has soured on Finney overall and Foster getting old.

Truthfully...I’d go see if the Bucs wanna trade OJ Howard. Arians doesn’t use the TE a ton. Just my .02.

7 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Yea and that’s not even factoring in JuJu being dinged.

I think RB and TE desperately needs an infusion of speed/athleticism...WR is TBD..OL is TBD as well...I’m thinking the team has soured on Finney overall and Foster getting old.

Truthfully...I’d go see if the Bucs wanna trade OJ Howard. Arians doesn’t use the TE a ton. Just my .02.

rumor was that the Pats offered a day 1 pick for Howard and the bucs said no. Not sure we want to make that move if they still have that kind of value on him. I like the Cain signing for the fact he is a lil different than the rest of the wr room. I think our offense in reality would have a huge beneift with someone who threatens the score any time they touch the ball. Not saying that is what Cain is but its a step in the right direction and also what i like about DJ going forward.

This team kinda reminds me of the Chiefs from a few years ago before they had Hill. Solid to good in a lot of areas but when they added him it made them a dangerous team even with Alex Smith leading the offense. Hill instantly threatened a score at all times and even if he didnt score he changed the field position on special teams or offense with a splash play. We are really only short even 1 guy who can do that for us a couple times a game to help make this offense even middle of the pack.