WR/TE/RB help

kurgan

2 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Yea and that’s not even factoring in JuJu being dinged.

I think RB and TE desperately needs an infusion of speed/athleticism...WR is TBD..OL is TBD as well...I’m thinking the team has soured on Finney overall and Foster getting old.

Truthfully...I’d go see if the Bucs wanna trade OJ Howard. Arians doesn’t use the TE a ton. Just my .02.

OJ would be a huge boost to the Offense but I feel like the Bucs said they weren't interested in trading him when the Trade Deadline was approaching. Of course saying one thing and meaning another is always possible.

I agree about the TE and OJ would be nice, but he can't be traded now.

I really, really like this Cain signing... a Florida Boy, went to Clemson and played very well.  Was supposed to be a 2-3 rd pick and fell as stated before.  But he is 6'2" and can fly.  May be the true Z that we need right now.  At worse, he is a cheaper Moncreif that won't cost us a 3rd round pick.  IDK about the prognosis of DJ or JJSS, but this will def help the room and should be looked at as at least an upgrade on Holton.  I like what Jones gave us in a bit role, and this is where JW needs to step up big time.

White is a curious decision.  When I made this post, I saw him on the Bear's PS, and went over him even though we brought him in for a pre-draft visit.  I would have thought that we would bring in a bigger name or at the very least an every down RB, but he is a speed guy so there is that.  Maybe he is an upgrade on Tony Brooks-Jones or whoever that guy was.  I am concerned if we have to go some time with Samuels and Edmunds as the 1-2 backfield as I think they are almost used backwards in that Samuels is more of a 3rd down back right now.  But, maybe White can be used some.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/11/steelers-sign-wrs-quadree-henderson-amara-darboh-to-practice-squad-on-monday/

I hate that we keep playing games with Sutton Smith, but WR bodies are needed!!!

I loved Darboh coming out of Michigan.  Another big body speed guy.  Great story... some injury history but def worth taking a flier on.

Quadree is a strange addition to me.... Not a WR in the NFL, more of a kick returner/gimmick guy.  Hopefully he learns his craft, as his speed is sick.  He seems to be a true development type at this point.

42 minutes ago, kurgan said:

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/11/steelers-sign-wrs-quadree-henderson-amara-darboh-to-practice-squad-on-monday/

I hate that we keep playing games with Sutton Smith, but WR bodies are needed!!!

I loved Darboh coming out of Michigan.  Another big body speed guy.  Great story... some injury history but def worth taking a flier on.

Quadree is a strange addition to me.... Not a WR in the NFL, more of a kick returner/gimmick guy.  Hopefully he learns his craft, as his speed is sick.  He seems to be a true development type at this point.

We had Quadree in camp once.

Upgrading TE would be a priority for me this upcoming offseason...a rookie probably doesn’t make a big impact year 1 though.

Id trade for OJ Howard like I said or thinking a lil outside the box...sign Eric Ebron in free agency.

Cut Vance, resign Vannett and sign Ebron in FA.

5 hours ago, kurgan said:

me too, but with he headhunting the browns game had, there's no choice.  I still hold hopes for Smith here, but they won't cut chickiilo for Smith so it will have to wait until more injuries or next year