Kaepernick

3rivers

i am a firm believer we should snap kaep up after ben retires 

without delving too much in to the anthem discussion, because let’s not, politically i am quite a progressive guy so i was a supporter of the protests - my gripe was i always figured that it’s a real hard task to revamp your offense to fit around a guy who has that skill set when you don’t have it already

however

the way that baltimore and houston have done that with their offenses has completely proven me wrong on that front so i would jump at the chance - we’d get a cheap and proven starter we can rebuild around and maximise the potential of this defense after ben retires and i’m here for that

• Like 1

in regards to big al btw, from memory around the time of the protests he said he went out and stood not because of any personal opposition to kaepernick but more because he had buddies texting him telling him he should do it and didn’t want to let them down, i doubt it would cause much locker room controversy, especially given that al is a really nice guy and doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy to kick up a fuss about it

also not to mention the protests were not about the flag or the military to begin with and al’s a smart guy and knows that

6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

You guys may wake up when Duck Hodges has to start and Paxton Lynch is the backup.  I would take Kaepernick in a second over Lynch

where is Rudolph then? Is he on IR when the above occurs? If they bring in Kaepernick, then fichner won't have an excuse to make the QB pass under 5 yards all the time either. 

I’d sign him yesterday. He’s only 32. I’d sign him, ease him(quickly lol) into the starting role this year. His mobility would help the o-line and run game. His passing isn’t worse than Rudolph’s. He had a huge arm, I bet he can still sling it. If he plays well, keep him around to compete and push Ben. Maybe he beats him out and we can move away from Ben’s massive deal. Maybe Ben beats Kaep and we have a talented backup or trade asset. Rudolph can keep developing, or Duck can beat him out. The Minkah shakeup helped, try it again.

• Like 1

Mason is not some 1st rd pick, so I don't see why they should be loyal to him right now. if Colin is a better option they should look into it. I'm not against duck getting a shot if Mason stinks it up again..he should be on a short lease since we're trying to get a WC

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

I think they need to sign him, but if they do it comes with having to cut AV.  (not a big loss anyways)

Why would they have to cut AV? Can the dude not be on the same team with someone he may not see eye to eye on everything?

Edited by MOSteelers56