• DeAndre Hopkins
    • TY Hilton
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Keenan Allen
    • Michael Thomas
    • Mike Evans
    • Another player that wasn't listed

39 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

For my personal eye test, I picked Amari Cooper.

Your Homer shades need a new prescription. 😎

However it is going to be Fun watching Amari and his Agent get low balled in contract negotiations because the "Jones's" don't want to make him the highest paid WR in the NFL. 

It's Not a matter of actually being the best but the next top WR in line for a contract! Wonder if they give him the Dak treatment telling him the Star will make you millions down the line, take the Dallas discount? Can't Franchise both?

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Your Homer shades need a new prescription. 😎

Thats true. Otherwise, I'd be picking Davante Adams. Cant even recognize the WRs on my team!

Cooper seems like hes open quite a bit, and is elite at boundary catches.

That being said, I typically dont watch non-Packers games unless its NFC North, TNF, SNF, or MNF.

So i am likely objectively wrong, but for my limited sample size, i was most impressed with Cooper.

• Like 2

i think he's underrated because i think he deserves to be in the conversation with the likes of the other guys mentioned here (thomas, hopkins, hill, etc.) but what about mike evans? has had 1,000 every season and conservatively assuming he'll get 1,400/10 this season (he's on pace for 1,643/12), he'll have averaged 1,250 yards and 8 touchdowns a season. 

i know some of his technical skills aren't on par with some of the other top receivers but he has a rare big play ability and is a mismatch every week with his huge frame. he's also extremely durable, having only missed three games in his six game career.

• Like 2

I don’t know if there’s a true “elite” WR in the peak Fitz, Megatron, Randy Moss, TO, Jerry Rice mold.

I went with Michael Thomas for the stats. But no WR in the league right now do I see without holes in his game. Be it size, explosiveness, quickness, route precision, etc. Most of them check almost all the boxes but are missing something.

Julio used to be the guy I saw on the next level, but I’m not sure he’s as explosive as he’s been in past seasons. Looks like he might’ve lost a half step.

Here's some of what Michael Thomas has been doing this year:

My favorite part of his dominance this season is that he has shown he can do it without Brees throwing him the ball as his stats we nearly identical with Bridgewater playing about half a season's worth of games with him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Thomas IS impossible to stop/cover. 

hes a fantastic wr, but he cant be the best until he has a complete game. at least for me. his adot is absurdly low, hes just not asked to do what other guys are. but hes absolutely elite at what he does.

he a very rich mans wes welker, who was never consistently considered  top 10 even when he was catching 120 balls a year. thomas is undoubetedly top 3-4 at absolute worst.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

hes a fantastic wr, but he cant be the best until he has a complete game. at least for me. his adot is absurdly low, hes just not asked to do what other guys are. but hes absolutely elite at what he does.

he a very rich mans wes welker, who was never consistently considered  top 10 even when he was catching 120 balls a year. thomas is undoubetedly top 3-4 at absolute worst.

I think Welker has always been underrated.  People took points off for playing with Brady and Peyton, but I don't like that.

Thomas is asked to run routes and catch balls.  Saints don't make it unnecessarily difficult for their players to make plays, which is probably my favorite thing about Payton. I think Thomas' value is at worst on par with any receiver in the league, perhaps more than, considering he's the only WR on his team worth trying to stop.

• Like 1