• DeAndre Hopkins
    • TY Hilton
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Keenan Allen
    • Michael Thomas
    • Mike Evans
    • Another player that wasn't listed

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

hes a fantastic wr, but he cant be the best until he has a complete game. at least for me. his adot is absurdly low, hes just not asked to do what other guys are. but hes absolutely elite at what he does.

he a very rich mans wes welker, who was never consistently considered  top 10 even when he was catching 120 balls a year. thomas is undoubetedly top 3-4 at absolute worst.

I think he’s a rich man’s Cris Carter. He’s the most productive WR through his first 4 seasons in NFL history. He’s not a burner but it doesn’t matter...he is ripping the league apart. 

11 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think he’s a rich man’s Cris Carter. He’s the most productive WR through his first 4 seasons in NFL history. He’s not a burner but it doesn’t matter...he is ripping the league apart. 

the whole fastest thing is irrelevant. Its a different era, there will be a new fastest in a few year to reset all the record thomas has broken and will break, just like julio or whoever broke them before him/

And i already praised thomas. .so this isnt hating on him but to say hes ripping the league apart is an overstatement. Hes getting a ton of targets (the most in the league),  that are shorter and hes insanely effective in converting them. but just like everything else volume alone doesnt make you the best. as someome already mentioned, theres no far and away elite/best wr this year. Julio might be getting old, no clue whats up with hopkins, no more AB. Theres a few guys at the top now, Thomas, Evans, Julios still there stat wise...as I already said I just have a prblem with calling someone the best when hes so deficient in one area.

I have Julio still #1, but gap is closing fast and I think are a ton of guys in that top tier of WR at the moment. Julio still has his speed, has unmatched consistency, just no real weaknesses in his game. When the top end speed starts to drop he still may very well be elite WR but not #1. 

1. Julio
  2. Hopkins
  3. Thomas
  4. OBJ
  5. Hill
  6. Evans
  7. Cooper
  8. Davante
  9. Hilton
  10. Thielen
  11. Keenan
  12. Diggs
  13. Kupp
  14. Lockett
  15. Godwin

Edelman, Sutton, Cooks, Woods, Golladay, Chark, Robinson... maybe some others, would round out that 3rd tier.

TBD: A.J. Green, Antonio Brown

• Like 2

Michael Thomas, Thomas has faced double teams all year because the saints dont have any other good WRs, still beat them, Brees went down and he still torched teams with Teddy, Kamara went out, saw Thomas even get triple teamed some plays, still produced. He's the best WR in football. 

end thread./

• Like 1

Thomas, Hopkins, Jones and Brown if the Qb wants to get them the ball they are nearly impossible to cover. Of those 4 Brown is the most dangerous after the catch but he isn't in the league any more.

I honestly would take Thomas, Hopkins over Jones with the above average QB. With Holmes or Jackson give me Jones. (Especially in his prime.)

Can you really say either one of them can catch better than the next.

I cant exclude Beckham either the dude is a beast in a bad system.

• Like 1