The random thoughts and questions thread

hornbybrown

This was 3 days ago. He might be back for Miami.

Cleveland Browns tight end David Njoku (wrist) told reporters that his broken wrist feels "great" on Tuesday. Njoku has been on the injured reserve since fracturing his wrist during Week 2. He also indicated that he is very optimistic about his chances of being activated from IR when he is first eligible next week

Edited by candyman93

5 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Is it possible to back Garrett at this time by giving him a contract?

There may be discussions that go on between Garrett’s agent and Dorsey, but the optics of announcing that kind of a deal would not be good.

If Dorsey has fully embraced the LULZ, then sure, go ahead and extend his contract.  At this point, how many ‘you know whats’ does Dorsey have left to give?

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

I think we can support him by saying that he made a mistake, but we know who he is, what a fine person he is, and we're proving that by backing him to have a long, successful, and positive career in Cleveland.

I was looking at it from the standpoint of the club getting crucified in the national media. Again and again and again and again. The problem with the national media, and the Browns becoming successful, is that they have been able to make themselves fat and happy, by having two decades of doing nothing but slamming the Cleveland Browns. If the Browns even begin to enjoy a modicum of success, what the hell are they gonna talk about now?  They get to talk about it right now how great Tom Brady is and how awful the Browns are. The NFL national media, is a little more than a banjo with only two strings. To paraphrase Jack Nicholson from “a few good men”, the Cleveland Browns are saying “you want me to be dysfunctional, you need me to be dysfunctional. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mega Ron said:

I think we can support him by saying that he made a mistake, but we know who he is, what a fine person he is, and we're proving that by backing him to have a long, successful, and positive career in Cleveland.

👆👆👆👆👆👆

Extend the man now and make his extension the highest DE in the league and a five year extension. Though Garrett did something wrong, he is part of the heart and soul of this team--definitely have his back on this one. 

It will be an act of solidarity in the locker room as well. People are surely upset at him about losing his cool and guess availability, but he is loved and this signing will bring the team together even stronger. It would be a boss power move.

And of course, let's not announce it right away but in a few weeks when the media is obsessed with whatever NFL Gen stuff they've gotten their hands on. Let's just pull the band-aid off. It's us Browns and everyone else. **** 'em. 

Edited by NudeTayne
Embrace
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

There may be discussions that go on between Garrett’s agent and Dorsey, but the optics of announcing that kind of a deal would not be good.

If Dorsey has fully embraced the HEEL, then sure, go ahead and extend his contract.  At this point, how many ‘you know whats’ does Dorsey have left to give?

FIFY

• Like 2