BrownLeader 2018 Positional Rankings

BrownLeader

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 8:24 PM, Calvert28 said:

i implore you to go watch LJ Scott RB Michigan St. he is a legit talent and despite setbacks still will have Scouts super intrigued day 2 or early day 3.

Scott finally did something this season last game. Imo, he still doesn't look quite as good as he appeared last year though. RN I'm leaning more toward London but maybe last game was the start of a breakout for him.

4 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Scott finally did something this season last game. Imo, he still doesn't look quite as good as he appeared last year though. RN I'm leaning more toward London but maybe last game was the start of a breakout for him.

LJ Scott is the best back on that team, they're just punishing him for fumbling the ball too much.

On 9/11/2017 at 2:28 PM, BrownLeader said:

Greetings! Sharing rankings for your scrutiny. Just the guys I've actually watched so far. Corrections, questions or disagreements feel free; it helps me sort my armchair eyes.  Recaps of old rankings... (read only) links at FF: 2017 & 2016.  ...and here... TALKDRAFT.NET 

UPDATED * 10/19

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot-2017-10-19_talkdraft_QB.pngScreenshot-2017-10-19_talkdraft_RB.png

Screenshot-2017-10-19_talkdraft_TE.pngScreenshot-2017-10-19_talkdraft_WR.pngScreenshot-2017-10-19_talkdraft_OT.pngScreenshot-2017-10-19_talkdraft_OG.pngScreenshot-2017-10-19_talkdraft_OC.pngScreenshot-2017-10-19_talkdraft_DE.pngScreenshot-2017-10-19_talkdraft_DT.pngScreenshot-2017-10-19_talkdraft_DE_OLB.pScreenshot-2017-10-19_talkdraft_ILB.pngScreenshot-2017-10-19_talkdraft_OLB.pngScreenshot-2017-10-19_talkdraft_CB.pngScreenshot-2017-10-19_talkdraft_S.png

My QB rankings:

It is a very rare year for potential 1st round QB's with the potential for 4 or5  true franchise QB's                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       The consensus top 5 QB's for the 2018 draft are:

1) Sam Darnold - His game really picks up  when the team is in trouble, has a solid pro arm and can really move around in the pocket. Checks out well for his leadership qualities and his intangibles are very solid. Rated as a sure fire franchise QB.

2) Josh Rosen - One of the best deliveries seen in a long time,  beautiful form when throwing a football and a strong arm. He appears to have matured this season, not that unusual for a young kid His Combine interview will be especially important to him. He will battle Darnold for the #1 spot all season and is also rated as a sure fire franchise QB.

3) Josh Allen - his stats are very misleading this season, as the talent around him basically sucks. His WR's are all new and cannot get any separation and drop a lot of balls. His leadership qualities and intangibles are off the charts. His has an A+ arm and great mobility for as 6'5", 235lbder. His upside is as high as scouts have seen in a prospect, but some teams will not like that his stats which are rather mediocre this season and he does not face a lot of tough competition this season. However, the consensus says, with far better pro coaching and playing with far more talented players, his guy could be really special and turn out to be the best of the crop given a little time,.

4) Lamar Jackson - Strong arm and can make all the throws. This year, he is working with a totally different set of skill players which has limited his production. However, his intangibles are very solid and we all know, he is extremely athletic and mobile in the pocket. Will need to be drafted by a team willing to adjust their playbook to suit his skill set. He reminds you of Vick, but he is a much better passer. Not much experience as a pocket passer and tends to take off a bit too much, which sent him to #4.

5) Baker Mayfield - Has shown a stronger arm than people thought he possessed, is mobile and very accurate . A little short for some GM's and scouts liking, but his intangibles are off the charts, a tremendous leader of men, has absolutely no fear of anything, great pocket presence. He will be a NFL starting QB. His arm and shortness drop him to #5.

Other QB's still in the Mix as 1st rounders:

1) Jarrett Stidham, Auburn

2) Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma St. HC has not had a lot of success producing pro QB's and his system tends to hide their weaknesses.

Later Round Prospects at the QB position:

1) Jake Browning, Wash

2) Luke Falk, Washington St. - Another HC whose QB's always produce immense stats, but none have ever amounted to much as a pro.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

3) Austin Allen, Arkansas

4) Quinton Flowers, South Florida  

5) Logan Woodside, Toledo

6) Riley Ferguson, Memphis St.

Ryan Findlay might also be on the rise.

RB list is decent, but I would probably have Scarbrough up around where you have Harris and I am keeping an eye on James Williams of Washington St., Royce Freeman of Oregon, even DSony Michel, Georgia, Terence Williams, Baylor, Ralph Webb, Vanderbilt and Justin Jackson, Northwestern.amien Williams of Alabama,

WR list is good, but Calloway has to be dropped considerably because of character issues and Clemson has shown that they put excellent athletes at WR, see: Watkins and Hopkins, so I would have Cain a lot higher than you have him and I think Andrews of Oklahoma is more of a WR prospect.

OT list: is decent but I have McGlinchey, Braden Smith and Martinas Rankin right after Hyatt,I also like Trey Adams, Washington, Tyrell Crosby, Oregon, Geron Christian Louisville, Zachary Crabtree, Oklahoma St. Chukwuma Okorafor Western Michigan and Broke Ruble of Florida St.

OG list: Where is Martez Ivey of Florida and I have Pierschbacker a lot higher as well as Crowder. I also like Benzschawel of Wisconsin, OConnell of Washington St. and Teuhema of LSU.

OC list: I have Dieter of Wisconsin right behind Cole and I like Shelton of Washington and Eberle of Florida St. as well

On defense, I will only mention Dewin James who will battle Fitzpatrick for the #1 spot.

On 10/20/2017 at 12:27 PM, Iamcanadian said:
3) Josh Allen - his stats are very misleading this season, as the talent around him basically sucks. His WR's are all new and cannot get any separation and drop a lot of balls. His leadership qualities and intangibles are off the charts. His has an A+ arm and great mobility for as 6'5", 235lbder. His upside is as high as scouts have seen in a prospect, but some teams will not like that his stats which are rather mediocre this season and he does not face a lot of tough competition this season. However, the consensus says, with far better pro coaching and playing with far more talented players, his guy could be really special and turn out to be the best of the crop given a little time,.

I'm not really aware of his stats. His accuracy, decision making, and pocket presence has been awful. He's got a rifle and some mobility but he's also got what I'd call awkward athleticism. Kind of like Flacco in this respect. He can roll out and run smoothly for his size but he's not quick twitch in the least. His elusiveness is poor and he struggles gathering himself when he's throwing on the run.

He's purely a project guy at this point. If he declares, unless he does something of a 180 to finish the season, he'll be coming out on a down year where he's regressed. Even if he crushed post season workouts, that would be way too risky for the 1st round.

12 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

I'm not really aware of his stats. His accuracy, decision making, and pocket presence has been awful. He's got a rifle and some mobility but he's also got what I'd call awkward athleticism. Kind of like Flacco in this respect. He can roll out and run smoothly for his size but he's not quick twitch in the least. His elusiveness is poor and he struggles gathering himself when he's throwing on the run. He's not a guy that'll escape a sure sack very often.

He's purely a project guy at this point. If he declares, unless he does something of a 180 to finish the season, he'll be coming out on a down year where he's regressed. Even if he crushed post season workouts, that would be way too risky for the 1st round.

Well, those on NFL.com like him and I will go by their opinion over someone who thinks Kizer can be a stud. You are a strong supporter of Kizer and I am not, so we will just have to disagree on Allen as well.

6 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Well, those on NFL.com like him and I will go by their opinion over someone who thinks Kizer can be a stud. You are a strong supporter of Kizer and I am not, so we will just have to disagree on Allen as well.

You do realize the people at NFL.com are just trying to write articles that get your attention, right? They don't really care if they're right or wrong, no one is going to hold them to what they say. They're judged on how many clicks they get, not on how right they are. Not really the people you should put your trust in if you're going off of someone elses opinion.

On 10/20/2017 at 2:21 PM, BrownLeader said:

I'm not really aware of his stats. His accuracy, decision making, and pocket presence has been awful. He's got a rifle and some mobility but he's also got what I'd call awkward athleticism. Kind of like Flacco in this respect. He can roll out and run smoothly for his size but he's not quick twitch in the least. His elusiveness is poor and he struggles gathering himself when he's throwing on the run. He's not a guy that'll escape a sure sack very often.

Fair enough, but he's not the 14th ranked qb in this class either.

Your tight ends have some real head scratchers too.  Fumagalli being the 10th ranked tight end in this year's weak class for starters.  Nah dude.

On 10/20/2017 at 11:27 AM, Iamcanadian said:

I keep hearing about these misleading stats, and how the talent around him sucks.  I'm not sure anyone is questioning that his supporting cast is probably below-average, but those that are saying that also fail to mention that he's playing Mountain West opponents, not SEC opponents.  The level of competition in the Mountain West isn't that great.  Your entire evaluation is based on a perceived upside, and completely ignores what happens on a down-to-down basis.  There's no level of consistency with him.  It's not like half his throws are hitting his receivers in stride, and they fail to make the catch.  Yes, they probably have more drops than they should, but there are a LOT of throws that he shouldn't be making.  If you're gonna draft him on upside and draft him early, you're going to be risking your job as GM if you do so.  I'm not willing to take that gamble, but someone will I can pretty much assure you of that.

On 10/21/2017 at 2:40 AM, Iamcanadian said:

ahh....

I haven't been a strong supporter of Kizer since he started regressing halfway thru of his soph year at Notre Dame. But carry on.

Archived